Fifty-Six

I walked down to Mrs. Nickol's room after class for the second time this week, ready for yet another detention.

I wasn't too much of a 'bad egg' like Mrs. Nickol called me--at least I didn't feel like one. Lately, the only reason I'd been getting in detention was because I kept getting seen with Lukah and Milo when Lukah was fighting his new target. It was unfair, but it was the school system; one of the many things in a stupid teenager's life that she cannot control.

I swear everyone but Milo is on Lukah's bad side. And I keep getting caught up in his fights..

Not that I minded. Sitting in a quiet classroom with Lukah, Milo, and a few other stupid kids was much better than going home.

As if on cue, my phone pinged.

"Why do you keep getting involved with Lukah?"

"I swear he's the one getting involved with me, L. I'm pretty sure he finds joy whenever I get dragged to detention with him."

"Are you jealous or something?"

"No."

"Did you know that Milo has a crush on you?"

"That's.. kind of random. But.. no. And I doubt it. Crushes died in middle school, L."

"I think he's head over heels. No, I know he's head over heels for you. Who wouldn't be?"

"Me and creepy Milo don't even talk. He doesn't even know me, he's not head over heels. I think you've had too much of the good stuff, L."

"A drug joke? Seriously? Didn't that die in middleschool too?"

"Shut up, those are always funny!"