1 - Intro

What we all desire is to be special. To be talented. To be note-worthy. To be memorable. In turn, this makes us an object of desire itself. To be young, and to be chasing desire, with no knowledge of how exactly to get there. To be chasing worth. A lot of times, we'll do whatever it takes. She'll do whatever it takes to get there; the first step is getting this summer scholarship. However, she can't get to it by herself.

Joy and Glee Photography Suite, and the fine boy behind the lens.

Dalia's Theme:

SZA: Drew Barrymore

Lana Del Rey: Summertime Sadness

Fish Eyes Soundtrack:

Radar - Britney Spears

Super Rich Kids - Frank Ocean feat. Earl Sweatshirt

Only Girl (In the World) - Rihanna

Stargirl Interlude - The Weeknd feat. Lana Del Rey

Close - Nick Jonas feat. Tove Lo

Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey

ASTROTHUNDER - Travis Scott

Sierra Leone - Frank Ocean

Never Call Me - Jhené Aiko feat. Kurupt

I Get Lonely - Janet Jackson

Care - Sonder

All the Things (Your Man Won't Do) - Joe

Paparazzi - Lady Gaga

A Long Walk - Jill Scott

What Now - Rihanna

Love on the Brain - Rihanna

Drew Barrymore - SZA

Is It a Crime - Sade

Rattling leaves covered the noise of the southern cicadas that Dalia was trying so hard to be inspired by.

She'd tripped over a root protrusion and been one wrong step from destroying her dad's favorite camera.

Phew.

That was one of her many close calls with expensive equipment. It was beginning to get quite irritating.

The simple thought of configuring a plan to put the camera to use was draining her.

"I don't even like nature enough to be out here doing this," she muttered to herself.

The tree near her was looking mighty cozy, and she was growing tired of standing. She'd been outside trying to get a good capture for the longest time, all the while failing to get enjoyment from the endeavor. She was good for looking for inspiration in all the wrong places.

She was also looking for danger in all the right places. The middle of the woods at night was not a safe place to be. It was like she was asking to end up on Buzzfeed: Unsolved.

Her portfolio, which was actually just a badly organized scrapbook,  had pictures from her previous adventures in it. Adventures was a generous term; they were really just experiences that left a sour taste in her mouth. She took the book and carelessly flipped through the pages in an attempt to gather the will to get up and try again. The will never came.

The wind started kicking up, which was peculiar, considering how the weather had been acting the past couple of weeks.

That was definitely her cue to leave.

-

social media

instagram: rachelmcbriide twitter: rachelvmcbride snapchat: rachelmcbriide youtube: rachel mcbride tiktok: rachelmcbriide