One Year & One Day (22)

~Time Skip Ancient Egypt~

Lilly slowly came awake, to feel the warm sand surrounding her so she kept her eyes closed. Her arms began to move as she was swimming up out of the sand. It was like being born from a womb for one last time. When her injuries were grave in the past and no blood available, she would bury herself in the earth. Her assailants would lose track of her and she could heal safely.

The young woman had a touch of glow to her skin, like she was kissed by the sun. Ylva remembered that the Neter had golden skin. She raised her arms to the sky and stretched her limbs.

She formed a symbol and a shadow, in the shape of a giant wolf, appeared. She climbed upon its back. The shadow wolf swiftly ran to Memphis. The sun was warm and the air was fresh. It felt good to be alive again. She wondered how long she had been buried.

Just before reaching Memphis, she dispelled the shadow. The next stop was a bath before entering the temple. One didn't go dirty into a sacred temple. Ylva quietly walked in to see the priest that oversaw the ritual.

"You look well Neferure (translate beauty of Ra). let me take a look at you," the old priest stated. "Who has chosen you. Whose daughter are you?"

Ylva shrugs her golden shoulders.

"Hmm...try to do some heka my dear," the priest motioned.

Neferure (Ylva) closed her eyes and started to recite a prayer to Sekhmet of destruction. She felt a warm sensation run across her skin. She opened her eyes and saw flames rolling over her skin as it flowed with her movements. Her skin was covered in golden hieroglyphics. The priest pulled a knife and sliced at Neferure, but the blade snapped off.

The priest cleared his throat and said "You are the daughter of Sekhmet, for you are protected and control the flames of the sun. But always remember, it is the destructive aspect of the sun and use it only as a last response."

Neferure simply emptied her mind and the power ceased. She looked at the priest and shrugged.  "That should be that, yes?"

The priest shook his head and pointed behind her. There stood an Anubis hound, with blue glowing eyes. She had never seen such a beautiful dog, ever. It rose up then ran to her and enterrd into her chest. The priest just smiled and said no more.

That gift from her 'Father' was yet to be known.

(Author's note: some believe that the gods can "adopt" the faithful hence Sa Anpu means son of Anubis, Sat Sekhmet is daughter of Sekhmet, Egyptian names revolved around it. )

~By living a life based on wisdom and truth, one can discover the divinity of the soul, its union to the universe, the supreme peace and contentment which comes from satisfying the inner drive for self discovery.~

Muata Ashby,
Ancient Egyptian Proverbs