That Precious Confession

♣ Professor's Lab ♣

Third POV

After recieving another note from the Professor on his study table, Aine entered to the Professor's lab as told.

"Uncle?" Aine called to the Professor after recieving no reply from him who was so concentrated on the computer.

"Huh? Oh, Aine, you saw the note" He turned around from the screen.

"Yeah.." Aine didn't bother to ask why did the Professor summoned him here, because it was already obvious.

"So.. What is your decision?" The Professor got straight to the point.

That question was expected. But even though Aine knew that, he still can't find the right words to answer that. He kept silent and looked down. The Professor didn't say a word either. He just kept waiting there. Finally, Aine decided to speak.

"I'm confused, Uncle. Half of me wanted Alice back so much, but my other half doesn't want to ruin Lacie nor Ai. It's so hard to choose... No matter which option, someone just has to end up dying. I'm so lost, Uncle.." Aine gritted his teeth.

The Professor was silent at first but then he sighed. He turned back around and threw a few things off his messy desk, trying to find something. When he found the thing he was looking for, he held it out to Aine. It was a blue-colored paper.

Aine took it and asked, "What is this?"

"That, is a copy of the blueprint I was working on" the Professor replied.

"What? You mean.."

"Yes, Alice and Lacie's Personality Switch Project. Take it, and keep thinking about this. When you finally reached your decision, come and see me"

.

.

.

Across the long corridor, a set of fast footsteps were heard clearly as no other were there. Someone was running with all her might, tears in her eyes, desperately trying to search for her friends. She searched each and every room she could find. But all of them were empty. Except.. for the one room at the end of the hall.

Bang!

The double door opened roughly, surprising everyone in it. Ranmaru even cursed from the shock. But just as he was about to scold the one who opened the door, he stopped dead in his tracks.

Lacie was standing there, panting real hard. What surprised them the most is the fact that somehow, Lacie's expression is different from the last one they saw. Her eyes... felt somehow... Full.. Yearning.. .. Alive.

Reiji thought that was only his imagination, so he stood up from his chair, and comfronted to Lacie, "La-La! Is something wrong? Eh, have you been running?"

"Hah.. hah.. Rei-senpai..."

They were shaken up. Each and every one of them. Starish, the senpais.. Especially Reiji and Ai.

"Y-You.. C-Called me 'Rei-senpai'.. I-Instead of 'Rei-san'... " Reiji's were wide, and was starting to tear up.

Lacie took a deep breath, and let it out, calming her fast breathing down. She looked at him, and smiled warmly.

"I'm back"

That moment, Reiji hugged her, and cried, right there.

"Oh thank Goodness, La-La! We were all worried your memories wouldn't come back! So worried! Wahh!!" Reiji cried like a child in Lacie's embrace. She smiled nervously and patted his head, "There there.."