Special Chappy ~ Happy Birthday Rei-chan!

[A/N]

Well no Ai and Lacie moments here, but

Happy Birthday Rei-chan! ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is special. Not only because it's Sunday, but because it's the birthday of a special someone. That special someone who always cheers us up with his smiles whenever we're down, and is always there by our side whenever we needed him. And on this day, we shall repay him.

.

.

.

Special Chapter : Happy Birthday Kotobuki Reiji

.

.

.

"Otoya, wake up" Tokiya shook the red headed boy's body in attempt to wake him up but to no avail. He sighed, trying to not yell at the boy.

"It's senpai's birthday today" With only those words, Ittoki woke up panickly.

"AH I FORGOT!" He suddenly sat up, hitting his forehead with Tokiya's accidentally. "T-Tokiya?! I'm sorry!" He apologized.

"N-Nevermind.. Just go and prepare yourself first. We intended to do a surprise party for him later" Tokiya informed as he rubbed his forehead. Ittoki nodded and headed for the bathroom.

♣ Meeting room ♣

Everyone (minus the birthday boy) had gathered together for this occasion, and is currently discussing what to give later at the party.

"Well first off, we should figure out how to make this party a 'surprise'" Lacie said, quoting the surprise part.

"Well he left early this morning but he never told us why" Tokiya said.

"Does he know?" Syo asked.

"Nah, I doubt it. That guy's too dense" Ranmaru crossed his arms, huffing.

"That's kinda mean" Natsuki smiled and sweat dropped.

"Reiji likes almost everything. It wouldn't be so hard to find the gift" Ai said.

"Well I'm sure everyone had already got their individual gifts covered. Now we need to decide on the place first" Ringo said.

"Oh, I heard there will be a festival tonight. Let's do a party beside the lake and watch the fireworks." Masato smiled and suggested.

"My company can help set up the place" Ren offered.

"That's good. So now all we need is to invite him to the place and ready our gifts" Camus said and took a sip of his tea.

"Alright, this meeting is dismissed" Ryuuya concluded. Everyone nodded and started to think of what they're going to give later.

.

Lacie looked around the shops at the mall, trying her best not to ruin her disguise. After half minute of searching, her eyes widened at the thing she had expected and rush for the cashier.

She had also been in charge of inviting her senpai to the festival, so she is also trying to find him in the mall, hoping he would be here as well. But of course not. He isn't the kind to wander alone in a mall. So Lacie opened her cellphone and decided to call him.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

"The number you're calling is currently unavailable. Please-" Lacie sighed, and switched to leaving a message.

"Rei-senpai, please answer as soon as you recieve this message. I will be waiting for you at the festival tonight. It's important!"

With that, she sighed once again and headed back.

.

That night, everything was great. Ren's men set up the place beautifully, just like they expected. They had also prepared some foods and most importantly, a large cake with its sayings, "Happy Birthday, Reiji!". His pictures were all on the table and even his maracas were there. Everyone arranged their presents tidily beside the cake and were waiting for the birthday boy to perfect this party.

"He isn't coming..." Nanami muttered sadly.

Lacie bit her lips, "I'll go look for him. I'm sure he's here" She said as she stormed out of the area.

.

Lacie desperately tried to look for the birthday boy despite the crowd, hoping he really did recieve her message. But he didn't call back so that made her confidence drop drastically.

From normal walking to speed walking, then she started to run, starting to panic. Today is a weekend, he couldn't have gone to work! Just as if on cue, she roughly bumped into a person and landed hard on the floor. But instead of yelling at the person, Lacie looked up, 'Rei-senpai??' She wondered and hoped. But sadly, no, it's not him. It's-

"Professor?!" Lacie exclaimed when she sees her Professor in his usual outfit offering a hand.

"Oh, Lacie" He called and pulled her up. "What were you doing, running around like that?"

Lacie had the urge to ask back what was he doing in that outfit in a festifal but quickly shrugged it away.

"Have you seen Rei-senpai???"

"Yes actually. I had handed him his gift when he was here a minute ago before he started to walk towards that shrine over there but why-" He pointed at a hill but was cut off.

"Really?! Thank you, Professor!" Lacie thanked and ran towards the direction, leaving the Professor dumb-founded.

.

"Rei-senpai! Rei-senpai!!" Lacie ran and yelled, starting to run out of breath, but kept yelling when she finally saw the chocolate haired boy. He turned around, and indeed, it's finally Reiji this time.

"La-La? There you are!" Reiji cheerfully called.

"Where were you?!" Lacie tried to breathe but after running around and round the huge festival area, she's just starting to have trouble with it.

Reiji scratched the back of his head and chuckled nervously. "About that... I uh... I was with President ahahah" He laughed.

"What? Did something went wrong?"

"Mm.. Mostly.. Well you see, President knew today was my birthday, so he invited me to drink at his place to celebrate early in the morning. But then... You know.. Er... We got drunk.. And yeah I woke up late in the afternoon and then saw your message ahahah. So uh.. What were you going to tell me..?"

Lacie had an angry vein on her forehead, starting to blame Shining's insanity, but decided to ignore it for now. She dragged Reiji down the stairs of the hill and to the lake where they had prepared the party.

He was struggling on the way there but was soon touched by the yells and calls after they arrived.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" They happily cheered.

Ittoki hugged his senpai and he just had to drag Tokiya into the hug, making him blush in embarrasement by the first time contact with his senpai.

Everyone handed their gifts and congratulated him once more. The other three of Quartet Night also congratulated him even though he was a 'cheerful idiot' (according to them). Nevertheless, he was their family and friend.

And he still is.

.

After the party, the fireworks started and it was stunning. The last one was unexpected too. It exploded in the air and had the saying, 'Happy Birthday!'. They turned to see his fans grouping and cheering, all saying and yelling the same words.

Happy Birthday

He smiled warmly and a single drop of happy tear came out of the corner of his eye.

That night became one of his most important day of his life.

                          [13/07]
                Happy Birthday Reiji ~