586-590

586. Anger is very natural, and it doesn’t make you a bad or violent person. If someone in your life is making you feel angry, it’s okay to express that. If you are afraid of confrontation, a good way to address a problem is by making it all about you, rather than pointing fingers at the other person. For example, you can say, “Time is valuable to me. So, when I feel that my time is being wasted, it makes me feel disrespected.” This is much better than saying, “You’re always late. You don’t care about my feelings at all!” You cannot assume the other person’s intentions, and they cannot deny your emotions. So it’s much better to just express how you feel.

587. Smoking marijuana has been proven to calm certain people down, and reduce depression.

588. THC( Tetrahydrocannabinol), the active ingredient in marijuana, is a chemical that occurs naturally in the brain. THC helps to process your emotions. One study by the University of Colorado discovered that people who have used marijuana at least 4 times in the last year were less likely to interpret another person’s expression as “angry”. Anxiety can sometimes cause the assumption that people are angry with you or hate you, even if they could actually care less. So THC helps to make that feeling go away. This improved emotional processing in the brain also helps you to not jump to conclusions that will make you angry.

589. Sometimes, when someone is on the verge of tears, their lip will begin to quiver. This is because your brain is pulling on muscles in the face to cause the motion. The emotional, sad side of the brain is battling with the logical side that is trying to hide the emotion.

590. It takes a lot for people to admit when they are angry, especially in their close relationships. People associate “anger” with violence. However, there is a difference between “anger” and “aggression”. For example, anger is the feeling you get when you’re boiling from annoyance or injustice.  Aggression is best described in an example i.e. road rage. When someone is cut off on the highway, and the aggressive driver decides to tailgate the other driver as a kind of revenge, and it is considered a form of aggression.