Chapter Thirty Three: Moriah, Part Two

Start from the beginning

"She's been with me," Chuck said, moving his eyes from her around the room. "Yeah, it's been nice reconnecting after the whole 'trying to murder me and end all existence' thing."

"Where is she now?" Castiel asked.

"Reno. Turns out she loves keno."

"And you're here because..." Dean asked, his voice only a little softer than before.

"Because of Jack," Monica said loudly, stealing the words from Castiel's mouth. She pinned Dean down with her eyes.

Chuck looked back and forth between the two of them and cleared his throat. "Listen, you guys know me. I'm hands-off. I built the sandbox -- you play in it. You want to fight Leviathans? Cool. You got that. You want to go up against -- what was it? -- the 'British Men of Letters?' Okay. Little weak, but okay. But when things get really bad, like the Apocalypse or the Other Apocalypse, that's when I have to step in."

"So you're saying Jack is Apocalyptic?" Sam asked.

Chuck looked at him. "The kid said, "Stop lying," and I don't know if you noticed, but the world kinda went insane." With a flick of his hand he turned the radio on and switched through the stations.

"...rioting in the streets as the Dow drops nearly 15,000 points."

"The purge is real..."

"Stay in your homes! I repeat! It's too dangerous!"

"The state is a lie."

"And it's been confirmed -- the Queen of England is, in fact, a lizard."

"Inside --"

Chuck flicked his hand again and the radio shut off. "See?"

"Can you fix it?" Castiel asked.

Chuck sighed. "Fine." He snapped his fingers. "Fixed."

"Really?" Sam stuttered again, and Monica couldn't help but notice he seemed to get nervous around God. Not that it wasn't a reasonable fear. Monica herself could barely look him in the eye.

"I'm God, Sam," Chuck said, as if it should be obvious. "Yeah, really. Go ahead. Try it out."

"Celine Dion rocks," Dean said loudly. "Yeah. Yeah, we can lie again."

"And the rioting?" Castiel asked.

"Like it never happened. You're welcome." He cleared his throat again. "Look, the point is the kid did all that with two words."

"What's next? He sneezes and -- whoops -- there goes India?" Dean's voice was gaining the same angry edge it had before.

"I don't know. Maybe. But this is bad -- like Me Level Bad."

Monica noticed Chuck didn't seem all that alarmed about it, either.

"Can you stop him?" She asked. "Take away his power, give him a soul, lock him up, make him human--anything? You're God. It should be easy."

Can take care of him, though." Chuck didn't even glance at her. "Sorry. That kind of stuff--it's not easy. Even for me. There is one way you can take care of him, though." He gestured to a gun on the table. "With that."

"What is that?" Castiel asked.

"I'm thinking of calling it... the Equalizer! Or... the Hammurabi."

No one said anything, their eyes locked on the gleaming metal.

"No?" Chuck looked around. "All right, cool. That's cool. Cool."

"Wait, y-you're saying that this thing could kill Jack?" Now it was Dean's turn to stammer.

"That? That'll kill anything."