Chapter Twelve: Nihilism, Part One

Author Note: Hello, everyone! Thank you so much for reading. If you have any advice on how to make this story better, or any suggestions for future episodes, please let me know. I haven't planned out any of it ahead of time (which is surprising for me since usually I can't write anything until I know exactly how every single scene is going to go). Next episode: Damaged Goods. I probably won't type this one, since there's no reason why Monica would be in it. Instead, I'll write a shorter, 'fluffier' chapter about her during that time. If you have any ideas, please let me know! As always, thanks again for reading and I'll let you get to it!

                                                                                    ✴✴✴

"Now, this...just feels right." Michael set the glass down.

Monica crossed the room on shaking legs and moved beside Jack. "Get out of him," she muttered darkly, raising her palm.

"If you could kill me you would have done it by now." Michael smirked. "Hope is an amazing thing."

Suddenly Jack, Cass, and Sam fell over in pain. Monica looked at them frantically, then at Michael. "What have you done to them?!"

Michael ignored her. "Isn't it? You had no chance of winning this." He stepped toward them, Monica in particular. She refused to let herself step back, though her heart was pounding and her legs were shaking and she struggled even to breathe.

"None. But you had hope. Hope that I wouldn't see you coming but..." He looked down at them, then back at Monica. "As soon as you brought her it became a suicide mission." He reached out and fingered her curls.

Monica gripped his wrist and tried to burn him, but nothing happened.

Michael smiled. "Nice try, kitten. You've come a long way from when we first met." He looked deeper into her eyes, his flashing blue. "I saw everything, you know. Every second from Dean's eyes. Meaning now I know there is a way to kill you without any weapon." His hand slid down her face to her neck. "And I have my favorite vessel. I destroyed the one thing that can hurt me—" He looked at Monica. "Besides you, but apparently you're having technical difficulties at the moment."

Castiel got up and threw himself at Michael. Michael easily held him at bay. "Don't interrupt me." He slammed him against the wall just as Sam threw a lighter at him. Michael erupted in flames, screaming.

Monica took the moment to run to Cass. "Come on, get up." She pressed a hand to each of his temples and closed her eyes, but nothing happened. She swallowed and tried again. Nothing. Monica looked at her hands. They looked fine. Felt fine. "Castiel!" She resorted to old school techniques. "Come on, get up."

Cass wearily raised his head and forced his body to follow.

Meanwhile, Michael had put himself out. Monica jumped and slammed cuffs on his hands.

He looked at her. "Do you really think that these will hold me?"

She folded her arms. "Until you prove to me they don't, yeah."

"Dean," Sam said. "Dean, come on, are you in there?"

"Dean's not home right now," Michael said smugly. "Please leave a message."

"Oh, wait. Did you forget? My monsters are out there building an army."

Jack walked across the room to pick up an angel blade and machete. Just then, Sam's phone rang.