04.

"You would have thought that the heir of the House of Solitaire would be the eldest son." The nobles whispered to each other. Each year, the Empire of De Laine would hold a massive event for all of the upcoming heir and heiress of each noble ranked houses. This is the only event that doesn't allow a commoner's blood.

'Foolish nobles.' Claire thought and she twirled her glass of apple juice around. She was the youngest Heiress to ever set foot in the event. Normally, a twelve or thirteen year old heir would be a usual sight for the senior nobles to see but seeing that the House of Solitaire's heiress is actually eight years old. It's unheard of really. But Claire's striking golden eyes and eccentric markings on her cheeks showed that she is truly part of the House of Solitaire.

Each house has its distinctive features. For example, House of Banrim has their usual elf ears as their family roots reached back to the time where the ancient elves have lived long ago. Now for the House of Solitaire, they're mostly known for their golden eyes and markings on their skin. Their ancestors came from the Sol Tribe, the first beings that has ever stepped foot in the land of De Laine. The Sol Tribes were golden covered beings, they're ruthless fighters and amazing strategists as they were the only ones who survived through the Creator's test of judgement.

The Solitaire House have three possible successors and one soon-to-be-born but the two eldest sons stepped down and wanted to become something else and so Claire was levelled up to become the Heiress of House of Solitaire.

Chester Clarence Reid Solitaire is the eldest son of the Solitaire family. Great personality, is a lady's man, pretty much what every Mother wants to see in their sons. Honest, kind, caring, good-looking, smart and athletic. He's the man of every girl's dream. Technically speaking 'the boy of every girl's dream' considering he's fifteen years old.

Christopher Ivan John Solitaire is the second one. He's more hard-headed but he's still a nice kid. He's what you call a boy with a sister complex. Basically he loves his sister since he was the one who wanted a little sibling. But all in honesty, he didn't want to be the youngest child so he was grateful for Claire existing. Very cute and handsome boy, nine out of ten.

Last but not least, the unborn child. The soon-to-be youngest of the Solitaire siblings. Her future name will be Cynthia Carol Leigh Solitaire. She, in the past life, was spoiled a lot and thus created a very annoying personality. This trait of hers ended up being her downfall. Pretty much died by guillotined.

Claire shivered about the fact that nearly all of her siblings died from getting their head chopped off. She gripped the glass tighter and took a deep breath. She's going to change this, fate, destiny, prophecy or not, she will change it all. No time for the same plots all over again, she knows the ways and the stories and how it all usually ends. And she's here to finish it all.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the nobles hushed down, "thank you for attending this year's House Assembly. Today, we will be celebrating our new upcoming leaders for the future so give a round of applause to these fine and beautiful individuals." The Emperor naturally got the gift of pleasing people.

Claire sighed and looked around her. There were no kids around her age and the only children she sees are the ones that were thirteen and up.

"Oh look, it's Miss Claire Sock-whatever her last name is pronounced." Gilbert Roland, the Heir to the House of Roland and pretty much Claire's enemy.

"It's pronounced So-li-tir, you uneducated fly." Claire said and ate a cookie.

"It's rude to call someone uneducated, you know."

"It's rude to not remember someone's surname, you know." Claire backchatted, "And here I thought the heir to the House of Roland would have a decent memory and IQ, but guess not."

The other heirs and heiresses giggled amongst each other. Seeing that the eight year old heiress of the house that he favoured so much can easily defend herself among the older successors, the Emperor nodded to himself. Pleased that his soon-to-be relative can stand up for herself and still have a calm posture. He turned to his close attendant and whispered.

"Lady Claire," the Emperor's attendant came up to the child, "the Emperor requests for your presence."

Claire knew that this was going to happen and so sighed again and followed the attendant. It's best to follow the same fate for now to avoid death sentences and such.