Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Truth «Part 1»
●●●

Eren rested his arms over the railings of the roof, the cool breeze that the wind gifted him gave him no sense of tranquillity. He had been trying to calm himself but to no avail. Whenever he closed his eyes, the image of Grisha's pathetic face would surface into his mind.

A curse left Eren's lips as he left the rooftop, heading to his next class.

The gloomy brunet settled on his desk, taking up the same position he always sat in. His glacial green eyes looked out of the window, dismissing everything and everyone around him as a dark atmosphere completely engulfed him.

Mikasa entered the classroom to find Eren sitting in his usual spot in his natural position, the only difference was the air around him. Not a single student neared him, almost everyone had crammed themselves on the other side of the room.

She pursed her lips and approached the gloomy male, taking in the state he was in.

"Eren," she called out softly, but he stayed frozen in the same position, "you... okay? I'm here if you want to talk."

No response.

Mikasa frowned and pondered if she should speak any further. Just when she was about to open her mouth Eren spoke up, his voice coming out colder than his demeanour.

"I'm fine, leave me be." He said.

Mikasa shook her head, "you're obviously not," she started and looked at him with a sad smile, "even a blind person can tell that you're upset. I can help you, just... you have to talk it out."

Eren gave her a side glance, "no." He spoke and turned his attention back outside the window.

"But we can help you," Mikasa reasoned, "you don't always have to bottle up your emotions and- "

"No, now please shut up."

"Eren, pushing me away isn't going to do anythi-"

"No."

"At least let me fini-"

"No."

"Why n-"

"No."

"This isn't fa-"

"No."

"Oh c-"

"No."

"PleaseEren! Bottlingupyouremotionscan'tdoyouanygood,letalonehelptheproblemyou'refacingrightnow. Youdon'thavetofightalone,sopleasegivemethechancetohelpyouagain!!" Mikasa blurted out, her fast speech putting Eminem to shame.

Eren sent a glare towards Mikasa who had was unfazed by it, her grey eyes brimming with determination. He knew, he knew that she was willing to help him. He had seen it first-hand, but this time, he had to stay true to his original path.

I'll never let anyone get close to me, not again. Eren thought as he clenched his fists and stared at her directly in her eyes.

"No." Was all he said before returning his attention out of the window.

The class watched, intrigued by the little banter between the two. Despite it being a serious topic, they couldn't help but chuckle at the duo's interaction which was quite similar to that of a married couple.

Time Skip to Lunch~

The small group walked towards the Gym, watching the basketball team get in a bit of practice before their practice game against a neighbouring school. Silence coated the air and Jean stiffly walked behind Eren who lead the group, the air around being a message to them.