Jean snuck a glance at Armin who kept his eyes on Eren, or so he assumed. The ash-brown haired male sighed and turned to Mikasa and Connie.

"Why did you guys come?" Jean asked, finally breaking the silence that had been suffocating them.

"Because there's nothing else to do," Connie shrugged and placed his hands behind his head, "Sasha has some rehearsals for the drama club, Ymir and Christa are meeting up with class prez to decide what to do for the Cultural Festival and... Bertholdt and Reiner... are somewhere...?"

"Probably being gay." Jean commented.

"I doubt that." Armin chuckled.

"That's true, Reiner is like... the definition of dense." Connie laughed, earning chuckles from his statement.

The trio enjoyed their conversation along the way with Mikasa making comments here and there. However, Mikasa's mind was completely focused on Eren, the worry inside of her rising at each and every glance she took.

It was like he had completely shut her out as if the walls he had let down for her had been rebuilt in mere seconds. It's scary how quickly a person can change... Mikasa thought as he clenched the hem of her uniform.

The group arrived at the Gym after a short while. The trio sat down on the front row benches, watching the players shoot around as they waited for the rest of the team to show up.

Once everyone had arrived and got changed their coach, Shadis, had them gather.

"All right you maggots!" Shadis boomed, his voice cutting through the silence, "we have a guest! As most of you may know, Professor Grisha has come to help you students and us, of course, to provide his knowledge to you. He will be supervising you all and giving advice to your bad habits that I've been trying to have you guys get rid of."

The team turned to the middle-aged man who bowed sincerely to them, a smile plastered on his face.

"Afternoon everyone, my name is Grisha, Grisha Jaeger." Grisha introduced himself, earning the usual chorus of greetings. He raised his head and noticed everyone's attention shift to Eren.

The tall brunet simply stayed quiet; his head bowed down. He could feel everyone staring at him and it scared him. His body ached and he gripped onto his arm tightly, trying to calm himself.

The same routine he'd take whenever he was in dense crowds or when people would stare at him. The same routine he'd take whenever he was in dense crowds or when people would stare at him.

"Now then, twenty laps! Now!!" Shadis barked and the players quickly got on the move, their captain leading the way as he hyped them up during the run.

Mikasa watched Eren run, his mouth not even opening to join his team for the cheer. She turned to Armin and filled the void of curiosity that had eaten away at her mind.

"Armin, are Eren and Professor Grisha related?" She asked, eyebrow raised, and head tilted.

The blond momentarily stared at Mikasa before shrugging, "I'm not sure..." he started, "I mean he may be a distant relative... but... I don't know any other family member that Eren has aside from his mother."

"I see..." Mikasa trailed quietly and watched the team go on with their stretches.

"Yo guys! Look, Jean is totally checking out the captain," Connie pointed out, "not to sound homophobic or anything but he really needs to hide his gay."

Armin choked on his saliva while Mikasa giggled, meanwhile, Jean sneezed.

"All right you runts! Split yourselves up!" Shadis ordered and in mere seconds, the team had sorted themselves out into two even teams. Both teams contained a mixture of players that had their own weaknesses but had a person on the team to cover for the weakness.