"Penny for your thoughts"

Start from the beginning

I take into note his messy hair falling over his face and sticking out in a few places, his eyes look tired and his lips are chapped. I subconsciously reach for his lips, running my fingertips over it.

To my surprise he doesn't even flinch "how long have i been out?" He takes a deep breath "a couple hours.." i glance at the clock on the opposite wall and my eyes widen a little "its 3 am.. go home" i say softly, he grabs my hand gently and holds onto it, being careful not to move the needle placed in it.    

"No no.. i'm staying here till you're released in the morning" his eyes remain on me, nothing but stares being exchanged.

"Just go.. i'll be fine" i give him a reassuring smile, but he shakes his head "no way, i told your mum i wouldn't let anything happen to you".

I don't know why but i feel my heart sink a little..

Is he only doing this because he made a stupid promise to my mother?

My eyes fall to his shirt, he notices this and lifts my chin to look at him but i avoid his eyes "obviously you're only doing this because of what my mother said.." my voice is soft and for a second i don't think he hears me.

"Anna no. Don't.." he sighs "don't do that" he speaks sternly, i push his hand away and lay back down, ignoring the pains and aches with my movements.

"Just go nathan.." he shakes his head "i'm not going anywhere.." i have no idea why i'm being like this.

Maybe the fact that nathan and i are so.. i don't even know how to describe us, what are we?

Is there even a we?

There's too many questions flowing through my head and all i want to do is cry. My heart feels heavy as i turn my back to him, clenching my jaw to stop myself from being such a dramatic baby.

"Anastasia" He speaks "anna" he repeats but i don't answer.

"For fucks sake anna look at me" i shake my head and close my eyes. I hear shifting and shuffling and for a moment i think he's gone before i feel his breath on my neck.

I freeze, my breath hitching. "What are you doing?" I whisper, not bothering to look at him.

"Nothing.." i hear the playful edge in his voice and i pretend to ignore him.

I feel his lips press to my shoulder and i shudder. "Nathan this is a hospital.." 

He chuckles "so? Its 3 am.. no one's going to show up" he places another kiss behind my ear and i bite my lip.

"Nathan stop" but i don't want him to stop, i don't even make an attempt to stop him.

He hums, pulling me gently to lay on my back. One of his knees propped up on the bed whilst the other on the floor as he hovers over me.

"Come on.. where else did he hurt you?" His voice is buttery and smooth, just like the kisses he continues to place along my neck and jaw.

"I see that hickey from the other night hasn't healed yet" he smirks, making me blush at the memory. I slap his chest "get off me before someone sees us" his lips curl into a mischievous smile as he places gentle kisses on my collarbones, giving me goosebumps.

"I love the way your body reacts to me.." he smiles, satisfied. I roll my eyes, fighting back a smile of my own as he finally molds his lips with mine, i reach a hand up and place it on his cheek.

He deepens the kiss, slipping his tongue in. A pleasure filled whimper leaves my lips as he muffles it.

To my dismay i have to push him away before anything else happens "i think you've had enough" i smile up at him, to which he pouts.