"Skeletons in the closet"

S E V E N

I freeze, my breath getting caught in my throat as I stand still with my hand exactly where it was 2 seconds ago.

On this strangers hand.

I pray to every freaking god out there that it's just Nathan scaring me but my prayers are laughed at as the voice speaks.

"Until next time, Anna." The deep voice whispers, sending chills down my spine. The hand that was once on the switch was now at my waist. I remain still, once again hoping he would let go.

Soon enough he does and the door shuts. I drop my bag and fall against it, my heart feels like it's about to burst out my throat and onto the wooden floor.

I burst out crying for the second time in the last 24 hours because of the same person.

I thought I was safe.

How does he even know where I live? No one does apart from Gen and Monica.

I push myself off the floor, suddenly feeling 10 times more tired than I was 5 minutes ago. I drag myself to the couch and sit in a corner, not bothering to turn the lights on.

I sit there for a long time, letting it pass by as I hugged my knees and stared out the large windows to my right. Somewhere along staring outside my tears stopped, I paid no attention though.

The trauma is a painful memory that I managed to push to the back of my head for the longest time and now it's back.

He's back.

I soon find myself drifting off, freezing but I couldn't care less.

"Don't do it.. please" I begged, the tears brimming as he got closer

"Please. I'm begging you!" I beg harder, it only makes him take another step toward me.

"Why are you so afraid? Hm?" He caressed my cheek, making me flinch. Why is he doing this?

"Come one.. it'll be fun" he cooed, his voice made my skin crawl now.

"Please.." I whispered, letting the tears fall.

"No." He said sternly and caught hold of my arms and pulled me into him. I kicked and thrashed but it was no use. I screamed I cried, I begged and pleaded but nothing made him stop.

Nathaniel

"Stop! Get off me! Don't touch me!" She cried, her arms flying around. I held onto her "anna stop it's me" she hits me again, this time she's successful at landing me a lame knock to my face in the midts of flailing.

I roll my eyes "Anna wake up!" I yell slightly causing her to jolt awake and push me, making me drop her back onto the couch.

I frown down at her. She rubs her already red eyes and sniffs before looking up at me, "Nathan?" I nod slowly, beyond confused.

She stands up and pulls me into a hug, wrapping her arms around my neck and pressing herself up against me. I stiffen, my hands limp by my sides, I stand there not knowing whether to hug back or stay still.

Of course, I pick the latter and stay still. She lets go after a moment and looks at me "I'm sorry" I smile "it's okay, but why were you crying? And why is your bag dumped on the floor by the door?" I ask looking around.

"Did something happen?" She tenses at this question and my face falls slightly, "Anastasia.. did something happen?" She nods slowly, her gaze shifting to look at the floor like she's lost.