"Don't get your panties in a twist, we're just having fun. It's our god-given right."

"No, Carson. If I skip, I'm gonna get a 'god-given right' ass-whooping."

"I'm sure you'll be fine, Noe. We're just having fun today, you deserve it." He said as he kept his eyes on the road. Noelle knew fighting against this was redundant so she sat back and turned on the radio. It was a Kali Uchis song that Noelle liked, she closed her eyes and started to dance in her seat

"...I don't wanna be a cigarette..." She sang out loud. Her curls bounced freely as she danced. Carson couldn't help but smile and laugh at her.

***

Their first destination was a roller-rink. Noelle furrowed her eyebrows when she read Joe's Dojo and Roller-rink. 

Carson hopped out the truck and so did Noelle. "Why are we at a roller-rink?"

"To have fun, duh." He said as he placed his hand on the small of her back. "I saw skating was a good idea for a first date on Tumblr or whatever."

"Wait, this is a date?" Noelle looked up in shock and stopped walking. 

"Uh...yeah," He said as he scratched behind his neck and looked down at the gravel of the parking lot.

"Uh, Carson, I don't think that's a good idea." Noelle said softly as she backed away from him a bit.

"I'm gonna be honest...I can't stop thinking about that kiss we had on Saturday. You make me feel nervous in the best way, if that even makes fucking sense." He chuckled to himself. "I really like you and I kinda don't know what to do about this. So, just spend the day with me. I want to persuade you that I'm more than just some meat-head on the football team who is terrible at Bio." He laughed again to lighten the mood as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "...I don't regret anything that happened on Saturday in the slightest..." He hit her with that melting gaze and she thought she would turn into a liquid.

Noelle opened her mouth but, her words were still catching up to the rest of her body."...Okay..." She said softly. "We can finish this date thing or whatever but, I'm still your tutor though." Carson let out a breath and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead lovingly and then her cheek. She pushed him away playfully, "Don't get carried away, this is our first date, so keep that shit at bay." 

When they walked into the rink and rented their skates. The rink was practically empty but that made sense because it was a Monday morning. Carson tied his skates first and then helped Noelle tie her skates and helped her off the bench. To which they wobbled and tripped their way to the smooth gym tile. When they first got on the rink, Noelle wanted to hold on to the wall.

To which, Carson pulled her off and held both of her hands, "Carson, I swear to God, I'm gonna fall!"

"You're not gonna fall, trust me." Carson laughed as she wobbled and teetered on her skates. She held on tightly to his warm hands. They were steady for a while, slow but steady. Until she suddenly slipped and fell on top of him--knocking the wind out of him. She laughed and rested her head on his chest. He couldn't help a smile from forming on his face too as he laid on the gym-style tiles of the rink. His hand grazed her wild curls as she looked up at him with her honey eyes. She smiled at him.

"What?" She asked. He leaned down and kissed her lips softly and pulled away.

"Nothing, I just wanted to do that." He said softly as she felt herself blush. She pulled herself off of him and crawled to the neighboring wall and helped herself up. Carson got up too and dusted himself off.  "Let's do another lap around." Carson suggested as he offered both of his hands. Noelle held both of them as Carson skated backwards. "What one thing about Noelle Cartwright that not everyone knows?"

"How much time ya got?" She giggled.

"All the time in the world for you." He said seductively. This romantic side of Carson was something that Noelle needed to get used to.

"Shut up." She smiled as her face heated up. She looked down at her feet and tried to concentrate on not falling. 

"Okay, okay. Let's start with basics: what's your favorite color?" 

"Purple." She answered. "What's yours?"

"Blue."

"What's your type?" Carson frowned at this question.

"I don't really have one." Noelle rolled her eyes. 

"Everyone has a type. Think about all the girls you've dated or whatever and what's some things they have in common?"

Carson thought about it long and hard, "I guess...they all had pretty fit bodies--athletic for the most part. Nice eyes, nice smile. My type isn't solid. I like who I like I guess." He shrugged.

"What about you, Noe? You got a type?" Carson asked.

"Never really thought about it." She shrugged. "But, if I were to have a type, I'd say tall, dark and handsome. Maybe like Idris Elba." She giggled to herself. 

"Idris is a fine motherfucker, I'll give you that." Carson laughed while guiding her around the rink slowly. "I got a deep question for you." Carson said, "Have you ever dated outside your race before?"

"Uh, no. Granted I've never really dated anyone." She said trying while trying to stop wobbling.

"Would you ever?" 

She shrugged, "Never gave it much thought. I mean I have nothing against interracial relationships--hell my step-family is Korean and I love them to bits. But, I haven't really thought about it for myself."

"Is that a 'yes?'" He raised an eyebrow and smiled down at her.

"Yes." She said as she looked up at him

"Would you date me?" Carson looked down seriously at her.

She hesitated for a second and shifted her eyes to a neighboring wall before flicking her eyes back to him. She looked at him--really looked at him. She saw a beautiful person with such intelligence and passion. She knew that if she dated him, it wasn't going to end well--she could just feel it in the pit of her stomach. Something bad was going to happen. They were too different to cohesively be together. And not to mention that she was still technically his tutor even though she broke so many rules. 

And maybe it was the lighting and the way his shaggy hair almost covered his eyes. Or maybe it's the way she could feel herself have a heart-attack every time he touches or kisses her. Maybe it's the fresh pine smell that radiates from his skin and she just wants to wrap herself in him and never let go. She knew she should say 'no.' This boy was dangerous beyond comprehension. He had demons that he struggled with and she knew that those demons weren't going anywhere anytime soon. And she had her own trauma she had to make sense of. She took his shoulder into her hands and held them firmly.

"Yes."

Hey Guys, I decided to update a couple days early because I'm gonna be busy the next few days. Leave a like and a comment :) Happy New Years, Babies! 

With Love, Armani