she heard an array of reactions from the boys, as well as from surrounding tables.

"holy shit, sage." "wait a minute-" "finally." and "what the fuck" left the boy's and parker's mouth.

sage gave a forced smile. "surprise??" she said, making the most haphazard jazz hands she could muster.

"you little slut." parker beamed, standing up with sage and dragging her to the bathroom.

as soon as the girls were out of sight. the boys started talking.

"bro, did you see that shit?" zion spoke, tapping nick on the shoulder and nick simply nodded. "indeed."

"i wonder how far she went." edwin said, stuffing a donut into his mouth.

"okay, this conversation is heading down a path it shouldn't. let's change the subject." brandon said, pushing his glasses up on his nose.

"nah, b. i mean, you aren't curious?" zion spoke.

"yeah i'm curious, but it's not really my business."

"well it'll be my business when i get to hit it." edwin said, earning a laugh from zion. nick rolled his eyes, trying his best to keep his cool.

the tall, lightskin boy then started a full conversation with the short, curly haired boy and it was all about sage. how they wanted to have her in ways that only nick could. in ways that only nick had been able to.

he decided that he had heard enough when zion said he wanted to see her ass "clap back at him" while he "beat her shit up from the back." nick was fuming.

"yo, shut the fuck up. y'all are so annoying. she don't want either if your musty asses." nick raised his voice slightly, making both boys and brandon widen their eyes.

"jeez, nicky boy. who pissed in your cereal?" edwin joked and nick rolled his eyes.

"no one, but if you don't shut up you won't be able to pick up a spoon to eat a bowl of cereal." he spoke and edwin put his hands up defensively. he figured nick was just a little irritable this morning and he'd be fine when he woke up fully.

in the bathroom, parker ran her fingers over the two marks on sage's neck.

"are there more?" she asked and sage nodded. "there's another one on my chest"

she slowly lifted the t-shirt, showing the biggest hickey of all on her right boob. parker's mouth fell agape again.

"who is it?" she immediately asked and sage shrugged as if she didn't know.

"so that's it?" parker asked dumbfounded.

"what?"

"you're not gonna tell me who you let put hickeys all over your fucking chest?" parker whined and sage laughed. "it's three hickeys, chill out. and the answer to your question is no. i'm not gonna tell you."

parker dramatically huffed, making sage smile. it was like she'd put in her diary. she knew that though she'd only been in school for 5 minutes max, word about her hickeys got around. and the only people who knew where they came from was herself and the person who gave them to her.

just then, she got a text from nick. she pulled her phone out of her pocket.

"who's that?" parker asked, reaching to grab the phone.

"no one!" sage quickly responded, stuffing the phone back into her pocket and heading for the door. "i have to go see if one of the boys will let me wear their hoodie. I can't walk around like this." she said before disappearing into the hallway.

when she got back to the table, the boys were still sitting there, staring at her neck with different emotions.

"hey, can i borrow one of you guys' hoodies?" she asked, hoping for nick's, but before she could even finish the question edwin had his off. he handed it to her and she smiled . "thank you, eddie." she said, glancing over at nick who had an amused look on his face.

she got another text.

the three minute bell rang, signalling that everyone needed to go to class, so she said bye to all of the boys and started down the hall, pulling out her phone to read her texts.

nick 😩

i love how my kisses look on you 😉

i don't like that you have on edwin's hoodie tho.

make me take it off then

i'm coming over after school

my dads gonna be home

great. can't wait to meet him!

can't wait to tell him you call me daddy too.

uh nick-

i literally don't

you will.

she smiled to herself. if this was a challenge; challenge accepted.

A/N: vote & comment pleathe