1 ❁ཻུ۪۪ ༜ ┊ Cᥣᥙbs

[Name]'s P.O.V.
"H-Hey!"

I see an adorable boy running toward me from the distance, waving his arms in the air like the wholesome boi he is. That boy is Izuku, my neighbor and good friend since we were children. You know, the kind of friend you'd never see yourself making today, but it just kind of works out because you've known each other for so long? Seriously, how can someone as lazy and boring as me ever end up being friends with a literal angel?

We used to walk to school together on days like this, but starting around high school he would oversleep more and more frequently, and I would get tired of waiting up.

"I-I overslept again! But I caught you this time!" Izuku states, as he slowly began to regan his breath.

"..It's been a while since we actually walked to school like this, huh?" I said as I looked at him in the eyes, and smiled brightly afterwards. His cheeks visibly turned pink as he looked away slowly.

We cross the street together and make our way to school. As we draw near, the streets become increasingly speckled with other students making their daily commute.

"B-By the way [Name]..have you decided on a club to join yet?" Izuku asks.

"Huh? Oh, uh, no not really. I don't have much time for those, if I'm being honest.." I said slowly, awkwardly looking to my left, avoiding eye contact.

"E-Eh..? That's..not true. Y-You actually said you would join a club this year..!" Izuku exclaims.

"Huh? When? Did I?"

I'm sure it's possible that I did, Maybe. Izuku likes to worry a little too much about me, when I'm perfectly content just getting by on the average while spending my free time on games and anime. Memes. Never forget the memes. The vines too. He would seriously make the perfect husbando, just saying.

"Mhm.. I was talking about how I'm worried that you won't learn how to socialize or have any skills before college. N-not that I'm saying you don't have any special skills o-or anything, you're amazing! I mean uhh..n-no it's not that..it's j-just uh..uhm..y-your happiness is really important to me..!" Izuku says as he got out of his mumbling phase. It was honestly kind of cute, how he would ramble on like that. "A-And I know you're happy now, but I would die at the thought of you becoming a NEET in a few years because y-you aren't not used to the real world! Not that I-I'm saying you don't h-have any other friends it's just that I.. You trust me, right?"

I stopped in my tracks as I stared at him with a blank expression, which made him a bit nervous. It seemed as though he was holding back a gulp.

"Well, I mean, I guess I can look at a few clubs if it makes you happy." I said with a smile, though I wasn't really sure if I really am going to look at clubs.

"W-Will you at least promise me you'll try a little? D-don't..make me keep worrying about you.." Izuku says with a worried expression. This was what I loved about him. He's selfless, caring, and encouraging. Honestly, maybe if I hadn't met him, maybe I would've stopped going to school and would prefer to just stay home and do nothing other than playing video games.

"Yeah. I promise."

"T-Thank you..[Name].."

***

The school day is as ordinary as ever, and it's over before I know it

The school day is as ordinary as ever, and it's over before I know it. After I pack up my things, I stare blankly at the wall, looking for an ounce of motivation.

"..Clubs.."

Izuku wants me to check out some clubs. I guess I have no choice but to start with the anime club...

"U-Um..?"

"Huh? Izuku?"

Izuku must have come into the classroom while I was spacing out. I look around and realize that I'm the only one left in the classroom.

"I thought I'd c-catch you coming out of the classroom, but I saw you just sitting here and spacing out, so I came in..I hope I'm not disturbing you.." He says quietly.

"Oh, you never disturb me."

"E-Eh..?" He says slowly, his face turning pink. Even the tips of his ears were tinted to a light pink shade. This guy is literally going to kill me.

"Anyways, You don't need to wait up for me if it's going to make you late to your own club. Don't worry about me, I got this in the bag." I said with a small hint of confidence.

"Well, I thought you might need some encouragement, so I thought, you know..."

"Know what?" I asked.

"W-Well t-that you could..Maybe..come to my club..?" He asks hopefully. His eyes shining, like it's pleading for me to say sure.

"Izuku.."

"Y-Yeah?"

"There's no way I'm going to your club."

"E-Eh? O-Oh.."

Izuku is vice president of the Literature Club - not that I was ever aware that he had any interest in literature. Since he was the first one to show interest after the one who proposed the club, he inherited the title "Vice President". That said, my interest in literature is guaranteed to be even less.

"Yeah, I'm going to the anime club." I said with no hesitation.

"C'mon, please?"

"Why do you care so much about it, though?" I asked.

"W-Well.. I kind of told the club yesterday I would bring in a n-new member...and Kacchan made cupcakes and everything...ahahah..." he says slowly and quietly.

"Don't make promise you can't keep!" I exclaimed. With a sigh, I stared at him with a smile. I really am defenseless against him. And utterly adorable wholesome bois. "I guess I can stop by for a cupcake."

"R-Really?!" He says in disbelief.

"Yeah."

He looked like he was gonna cry.