Leaving her behind wasn't something he wanted to do, but it was better than bringing her along to the meeting he had with Dexter, only because he was well known for his little respect toward women and if he said something to y/n, Harrison didn't want to think of the way he was going to react. So better be safe than sorry, he kept repeating in his head the whole way over to Dexter's house.

The last thing he wanted was to be sitting across that man, a filthy rich senior that thought he owned everything and everyone, it made Harrison so sick to even look at him but it was necessary that they had a few words about the distillery ambush. They have caught one of the guys and he recognised him as one of Dexter's men.

"He was one of my men." The middle-aged man said, puffing out a thick cloud of cigar smoke. "Dunno for what other prick he's working for now."

"Who the fuck releases a man just like that? How fucking thick you gotta be?" Harrison furrowed his brows at the man.

"First of all, kid. Don't talk to me like that in my fucking house." He pointed a warning finger at the blonde, as his eyes narrowed at him. "We got a deal, boy. What he does is not my problem. As long as he doesn't open his damn mouth about my shit, he lives." Dexter informed casually, waving his hands around as he spoke.

"And how are you so sure that he hasn't opened his mouth to the one he's working for now?" Harrison dared, he wanted answers and the man wasn't giving them to him.

"Look, son. I've got eyes and ears on every damn corner of this city. He hasn't ratted." Dexter stated, bringing the cigar back to his lips and taking a drag, "Now, speaking of eyes and ears. Birdy told me you've got yourself a new whore." He taunted, making Harrison lock his jaw and ball his fists. "A real nice one for what I've heard. Thought a good looking young man like you could get a lady without paying. How much was she? And can you get me one of them?" The tone of his voice and the words that came out of his mouth made Harrison's stomach toss and turn in distaste.

"I've got no one, Dexter. Your birdy's a little shit talker." Harrison tried to not sound aggravated by the man's despective comments but on the inside, he was livid because he was pretty sure he knew which girl the old man was talking about.

"My birdy happens to be the man she pointed a gun at." Dexter sneered, watching Harrison get tenser and tenser.

"Mmh. I don't recall."

"Well if she's not yours then I'll make sure to find her for myself then. Bitch's well fit." Dexter chuckled devilishly, knocking the last sip of brandy back as Harrison diverted his gaze to his watch, pretending he was running out of time.

"Yeah, you do that." He sighed as he got up from the uncomfortable leather chair in front of Dexter. "This better not be linked with you, Dexter. We have a good deal. Don't fuck this up, man." Harrison warned, adjusting his jacket and giving one last glance at the man at the desk before walking towards the door that Tuwaine opened quickly. The young man took long strides towards the front door to be out of the house and away from that man that spiked his fight instinct that was otherwise well tamed and deep within the blonde.

"Was that bastard referring to y/n?" Tuwaine asked once they were in the car. Irritation was clear in the young man as well as in Harrison, the blonde didn't even want to answer his friend's question and his silence alone was enough for Tuwaine to curse at the old man under his breath while the driver pressed on the gas pedal to get out of there.

The best hiding place was the library, the time she spent there seemed to fly with how calm and quiet it was. Between reading and working on her laptop it was already late at night. She put on a record on the vintage record player that sat on a small marble table by the window, the calm music echoed softly through the large room, the wind softly blowing up the thin fabric that fell from the open window, the moonlight reflecting on the polished surface of the piano where she sat.