Chapter 37: Tables Turn

Start from the beginning

Maybe he was right when he said Scarlet finally abandoned me. Maybe she didn't really like me in the first place. You could imagine that even my own brother didn't even like me. It took my near experience with death to get him to look at me like I mattered. Brandon smiled again. "now, where will the fun be in that?" He chuckled. "I need you alive, Kitten."

"Shut up, I'm not your Kitten." I wiped my tears off with the back of my hand before they fell off.

He smiled wider,"I can't let you go when the game has only just begun."

I didn't notice the tiny clicking of heels behind me, not even the presence from behind. Not until Brandon lifted his eyes from my face and directed his attention to a figure behind me. Before I could turn around it was too late, cold liquid was poured into my hair and it found its way down to my face unto my shirt.

I spun around in complete shock and came face to face with Abby. My heart beat went haywire. Without thinking I slammed my fist unto her cheek which sent her flying backwards. She picked the wrong day, wrong place and wrong time to bully me. Luckily for me, her pig of a boy friend was nowhere in sight. The stupid girl came alone.

Quickly, I grabbed her by her tight yellow shirt and pulled her up. For the first time I saw fear in the eyes of Abby Sherlock. To hell with peace and optimism. I was going to make Abby pay for all that she had done to me. I bet she never thought the tables would turn so bad.

"H-Ha-Hannah? I-I—"

"Shut up," I growled at her. I was going to decorate her body with my long finger nails. Her lower lip trembled as she held her face tenderly. This felt good. Why hadn't I resulted to this years ago?

Violence was the key.

Violence had always been the key but I didn't want to believe that, I never wanted to. I let my self to be treated like dirt all in the name of peace. This new found strength made my blood hum in delight. Now? Now I was beginning to realize what an idiot I had been for years.

              Abby and I were at the same eye level as I held her tight shirt in my hands. Naturally I was about five inches taller then Abby, but she was always on heels so she met my height perfectly. Her legs wobbled as I said, "no boyfriend here to help you eh?"

Her eyes darted around and when she saw Brandon behind me, a rotten smirk found its way to her face. "I'm not alone, Black." She said.

I didn't even care if Brandon was here. I was going to scar Abby Sherlock even if it was the last thing I did. Surprisingly, the infamous Brandon Davis did not stop me from doing what I wanted to do, instead he watched. Abby soon realized that Brandon wasn't going to help her, "what are you doing standing there? Help!" She struggled against me.

I silenced her grunts with an echoing slap. "You," she was stunned," you bitch!" and that was how the Abby I knew and hated came to the surface. She pushed my hands off her and palmed me. "Brandon, let's teach this little whore a lesson," she said, The fire back in her eyes.

If anyone was going to be teaching anyone a lesson, it was me. Before she could react, I rushed her and gave her a spear sending the both of us crashing down. Her nails dug deep into my flesh when she screamed. I got of her quickly and grabbed her by her light brown hair. She couldn't even stand straight. Every step that I made her take earned me a wince from Abby. I punched her directly in the eye then I sent my fist to her jaw, bursting her lip open. Her screaming died down when I sent a blow to her nose. She fell on the hard floor harshly, with her body hardly moving. But the hard, painful breaths that she took didn't go unnoticed.

I turned back to find Brandon looking at me with a smirk,"go ahead." He said. I didn't spend time thinking of how fishy his behavior was, nor did I pay attention to the aching feeling in my chest.