Sick Day pt 2

Disclaimer: I don't own Marvel.

Peter's P.O.V.

"Pete?! Kid, please wake up, c'mon..."

"M'ster Star'...?" I mumble.

"Yeah kiddo, it's me. Can you open your eyes for me?" His voice was full of hope. I groaned, cracking my eyes open to view the room I was in. It wasn't mine...

"Where 'm i?" I slurred. Something was definitely wrong.

"The compound. Your fever was too high to manage at your apartment, so I brought you here. The drugs should be wearing off soon," he explained.

"Drugs?"

"For your fever. It spiked up to 104. That's really dangerous." As I listened, my brain fog slowly cleared out as the situation set in.

"May! She must be worried sick, I need to go home-" Mister Stark placed a strong, but gentle hand on my chest, pushing me back down.

"No way, kiddo. You just came down from a potentially deadly temperature. Anyway, I already called your Aunt. She was understandably concerned, but I told her you were in good hands." I crossed my arms, scowling.

"So I have to stay here? How long?" I questioned.

"That all depends on you, kiddo." He smiled. "Well, and those drugs we have you on. Speaking of, I should get on top of that." He took a thermometer off the little bedside table, shoving it into my mouth. It beeped, and Mister Stark took it from my lips.

"Soooooo... can I go home then?"

"101.8. Sorry, Pete. Just a little bit longer should do it. It won't feel long, though. These drugs for your fever will knock you right out. Have twice already," he chuckled, poking my vein with a needle.

"He-yyyyy," I relaxed almost immediately, the medicine setting into my bloodstream.

"Yeah... we had to up your dosage because of your weird spider metabolism. Sets in quick, doesn't it?"

"Yeee...aaaahhhh," I sighed. The sheer amount of the drug running through my bloodstream was enough to kill an adult. So it was taking me quick. "... G'night."

"Goodnight, kiddo," he chuckled. The world shorted out, leaving me in the dark abyss of peaceful sleep.

~Some time later~

I woke up to a loud tapping noise. I looked around, searching for the source of the sound, but saw no one.

"Hello?" I called tentatively. Suddenly I remembered something. "FRIDAY, where's Mister Stark?"

"Mister Stark is in the lab working. Do you want me to alert him that you are awake?" the AI offered. I thought about it for a minute, weighing my options.

"No, don't bother him if he's busy. I'll be fine," I decided.

"Ok." And with that, the AI was silent, leaving me to wallow in my loneliness. Maybe I should've asked for the billionaire. No, I don't want to bother him. He's busy anyway...

I quickly realized there was nothing for me to do in this room. The boredom crept around my mind, making my fingers tap and my leg jiggle from the odd feeling of not having something to do. I frowned at the floor. That's it. I can't just sit here. I have to do something. Fueled by a mix of determination and boredom, I sat up, dangling my legs off the side of the bed. Here goes nothing. I lowered my feet to the floor, pausing at the cold feeling on my toes. I shook it off, sliding myself to the edge of the bed. I slowly stood up, using the bed as support.

"And just what do you think you're doing?" I froze.

"M-mister Stark!" My voice sound oddly strangled. "What are you doing here?"

"I live here. Why aren't you in bed?" He questioned. I stumbled over my words, trying to come up with a good reason for what I had been doing. His expression softened slightly, and he gently pushed me back into the bed. "Maybe you feel better, but you certainly aren't healthy. I can still see the flush on your cheeks. Go back to bed. If you wake up, just ask FRIDAY to get me, but no more getting up, you hear?"

"Sorry." He sighed, reaching for the thermometer. Once again, it was back under my tongue.

"You're ok, kiddo. Just try to rest a little more." He waited for the beep, before reading the digital numbers. "100.3. You're almost there. Just lower it a little bit more and you can leave." He pricked my vein once again, the large amount of fever reducer quickly taking away consciousness.

~Some time later~

"Kid! Pete! Wake up, c'mon." Mister Stark was tapping my chest, while I struggled to open my eyes. I was just so tired...

"Wake. Up." It was an order this time, the usual sarcastic tone that belonged to Tony Stark was gone, replaced by a more frantic, more demanding version. Nevertheless, the voice belonged to the billionaire. I cracked my eyes open, and saw my mentor's face immediately relax. "Kiddo, can you hear me?"

"Mmhm," I groaned.

"Oh, good." He sounded extremely relieved, which added more confusion to my already clouded mind. "I thought I was gonna lose you there." Once that sunk in, I was more alert.

"What?" I wondered. Mister Stark's expression changed to one of guilt.

"I uh, may of accidentally given you way too much fever reducer," he chuckled nervously. "But you seem to be ok."

"A little drowsy, but yeah," I assured him.

"Thank God for your super metabolism," he smiled. "Well, anyway, the fever reducers worked, so you can go home when you're ready. But first, why don't you have lunch with me? How do you feel about tacos?" I grinned.

"I would love some tacos, Mister Stark."

Yayyy happy ending or whatever

Well there you go he's healthy again, congrats I guess

I was actually sick yesterday so that was fun, anyway you should leave a comment with one shot ideas, if I pick something you suggest I'll give you a shout out.