"Char, I'm far from that. I just want to invest myself in your love life. I'm currently getting all my current gossip and drama through you since I need something exciting," she answers in a pout. 

"Cleo, you just had a daughter," I say in a deadpan voice.

"I know but I want as much excitement in my life as possible," she says and her eyes are shining with eagerness. I let out another sigh, shaking my head knowing that whatever I say she'll have a counter for it. 

"Can you grab the kids for me and tell them to be at the door in the next five minutes?" I ask her. She nods her head and goes hollering up the stairs, ignoring the fact her husband and son are currently knocked out. I look down at Alexa who's staring back at me wide-eyed and let out another sigh. 

"Your mom is a crazy one, good luck Alexa."

✘✘

I drop off Cleo's kids at their school and we're soon driving to the elementary school. We're two lights away when I notice one black car driving beside me and another driving behind me. Now, this wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for the fact the car beside me is currently driving at the same speed so it stays at the same pace as me. The car's window rolls down and at the same time my phone rings. The driver shows his phone, nodding at me to pick up mine.

"Wren, can you pass my phone to me for a second? Let me see who's calling and then I'll give it back to you," I ask, holding my hand out behind the seat. Wren hands it to me and I slide my finger across the answer key.

"Charlotte Dawson, our boss wants to meet you so you'll be taking a temporary detour before going to work. We need you to follow our cars, you won't like what will happen if you don't follow," the man says and I turn to look at him as he flashes his gun in my line of sight. "I want you to message the school saying you'll be delayed because of family reasons and do not alarm the child with the sudden change. I doubt you want anything happening to him," he says in a sinister voice. He hangs up the phone and I slowly place my phone in my lap in silence.

"Charlotte, are you okay?" Wren questions me. No Wren, I'm not okay but those words don't come out of my mouth. 

"I'm fine Wren. Here you can keep playing on my phone since I have to do an errand before we go to school so we'll be a little late, okay," I tell him, my voice tense as I hand back my phone. My thoughts are racing a mile a minute. They just sent a threatening letter yesterday to warn Jax that they have people inside the school watching me and now they want me to meet their boss? 

What the actual fuck? I don't understand their current thought process with everything. The black car that was driving behind me speeds up so it's driving in front of me so I can follow it. The other car stays beside my car, still keeping pace with me. I have to let Jax know what's going on.

"Wren, can you do me a favour and call your brother and put it on speaker?" I ask him in a strained voice. He replies okay and I listen to the dial tone coming from the speaker for the next couple of seconds before Jax's voice comes through the phone.

"Jax!" Wren exclaims.

"Hey buddy, shouldn't you be in school right now? Where's Charlotte?" he questions and I can hear his confusion coming from the phone.

"Jax, I'm here. We're still driving," I tell him.

"Did you two leave your brother's house late? How irresponsible Ms. Teacher," he teases.

"Jax, I'm going to meet your boss," I clarify as I slow my car down at a red light.

"My boss? What do you need to see him for? Is your car having a problem? Do you need me to come get you?" he asks.