Chapter Seven - FINALE

Seonghwa is excited about seeing Yeosang today, he had planned a wonderful day for them. They're supposed to be meeting at the large fountain in his town, just outside of the city. This has become their favorite spot to meet each other. Seonghwa always says how handsome Yeosang looks while standing next to it.

Seonghwa hasn't left yet, busy packing a picnic basket with some food for the two of them today. He's been planning on revealing his feelings for Yeosang today, so he wanted everything to be absolutely perfect. Seonghwa makes Yeosang's favorite, a chicken sandwich, and packs it nicely into the basket. Seonghwa finishes his sandwich and puts it into the basket as well, getting ready to leave for the fountain.

Seonghwa is feeling nervous, his palms sweating as soon as he arrives at their meeting spot. He's not here yet, Seonghwa thinks to himself. Seonghwa takes a deep breath, happy he can try to calm himself down before Yeosang gets to him. Seonghwa has been planning on revealing his true feelings to Yeosang today and it's been worrying him. Yeosang feels that same way, right...?

Yeosang leaves his house, heading for the fountain. To get there, he must pass through the city, which he hates doing because there are always the King's witch hunters stopping people in hopes they'll find witches for the execution that day. It makes him feel uneasy as soon as he steps foot into the city.

Yeosang tries to keep to the outskirts of the city, unknowingly being followed by one of the witch hunters. Yeosang walks with his hood up and looks down, trying not to cause any attention. He gasps when his arm is grabbing, whipping himself around and he sees the witch hunter. Fear fills his entire body, but he tries to be calm.

"What's your name, boy?" The witch hunter asks Yeosang, keeping his hold onto his arm.

"Yeosang," he replies, keeping his eyes away from the hunter's. If he saw them, Yeosang knows he would be caught. This is how all witches are caught. They always give everything away with their eyes and he's not about to fall for their traps.

"Yeosang. Look at me," The hunter tries, not wanting to use force just yet, even though he's already grabbed ahold of Yeosang.

Yeosang shifts, not knowing what to do. He can't stop thinking about Seonghwa. He must get to him... He's going to worry when Yeosang doesn't show up at the fountain on time. Yeosang believes in his ability to get away, his heart pounding faster than ever before.

Yeosang starts to lift his head, feeling the hunter's grip on his arm loosening, so he makes his break for it. He runs as fast as he can away from the hunter, but it's no use. At the other end of the side street he was on, there are more hunters. Yeosang tries to use his magic to pull down a log between him and the hunters, but there are even more on his left and right. He has no chance. Yeosang is taken.

Seonghwa sighs, leaning forward on the fountain to put his hand into the water, swirling it over his reflection. He's late, Seonghwa thinks as he lifts his hand to check his watch. Why is Yeosang late? He's always so early to their meetings due to his stupid always-wrong watch. Seonghwa is usually the late one. He must have gotten caught up on his way here, but it shouldn't be too long... Right?