And that, being a surgeon doing a transplant, wasn't a lot of time.

Yugi's bottom lip trembled as he looked on, whimpering as they cut Yami's chest open and exposed the heart from behind the ribs and sternum. A few surgeons were there, cleaning the blood that poured out and sucking it into tubes that put it somewhere useful.

"Okay, increase that artificial respirator and inject him a few more times with that sedative. If we want to do this successfully, he needs to be sound asleep." The captain, a man with a slightly a ruffed beard said to the others, "We need to work fast."

A nurse who had stayed behind had come back in with a tall machine with a blank black screen on it. Several wires could be seen sprouting from the bottom of it, and they were being put into Yami's body.

Yugi gulped at the sight of his Mou Hitori.

As if he didn't have enough wires.

He could only imagine how much pain Yami was having to endure.

The nurses who left finally came back, the machines louder now. They rolled a stand that held tools and a heart in a jar out to the table. The sight of the heart made Yugi want to gag, but this was for Yami.

And the one thing he wanted more than anything at this very moment was for Yami to live. He wanted Yami to pull through. He wanted the old Yami back!!!

More than anything.

Yugi slid down the wall and leaned his head sadly against the wall. His tears finally fell, his breathing shaky.

The odds were 1 billion to .0001 and if wasn't very often that a patient didn't die during a heart transplant whether it be from blood loss or from just other medical reasons.

The majority of deaths was from blood loss.

And Yami was pale as a sheet. He couldn't afford to lose more blood than he already had. Yugi wanted nothing more than to hold Yami in his arms. To grab his hand and to reassure him that everything was going to be okay.

Yugi hugged his knees, sniffling.

Suddenly, more tears flooded his eyes when he could hear the commotion through the wall that he sat against. The doctors were now panicking.

"W-WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BLOOD SUPPLY!"

"WHAT???"

"Don't we have more B Positive???"

"No! He has the rarest blood type: O Negative! No one has O negative so we are in trouble! We don't have a large supply of that type!!!"

"Well, how much do we need?"

"2 Pints!"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME??"

"Well where are we gonna get all that blood???" One of them asked, "It's not like a donor is gonna pop out of nowhere!"

Yugi sat up straight and looked down at the inside of his elbows.

His eyes fell on the arteries that were like blue lines underneath his skin.

What blood type did he have?

O Negative.

Yugi stood up. He turned and entered.

"You need O Negative blood???" He questioned, "I might be able to help."

Everyone looked back at him like he was crazy. He might have been...

But he wanted Yami back. No matter the price.

"D-Dr. Moto?" One of them asked him, "You sure???"

Yugi held out his arms, turning them so that the arteries could be shown.

"O Negative." Yugi said, "See? I am going to donate my blood."

"B-But TEN PINTS??" Another's jaw dropped, "Yugi, if you aren't careful, that could very much kill you!!!"

"I-I know...." Yugi said, looking slightly down, but looking back up determinedly, "But he'll be okay after he gets his blood. That is the good thing."

Everyone went silent except for the machines that still beeped erratically. The captain looked at another surgeon and sighed sadly.

"You are a very humble doctor, Dr. Moto." He said, slightly pained, "I was honestly not planning on doing this, but...might you come with me?"

Yugi nodded, being led by two nurses to a near room.

On his way out of there, Yugi looked at Yami's tranquil face and knew he was suffering a lot on the inside and he needed a lot of help. Yugi was determined to provide it. No matter what the cost was.

Life or Death.