Chapter 12

TWELVE.

"What the hell happened?"  I asked as Taehyung white-knuckled the steering wheel, jaw set in a hard clench.

"I don't know, he started talking shit and before I knew it someone was holding both of us back from each other," Taehyung said, running a bruised hand through his hair.

"Talking shit? What do you mean?" I asked and his jaw ticks as he breathes out a sigh.

"Let's just forget it, okay?"

"How are we supposed to forget it when we're going to be seeing him every week?" Mirah asks from next to me and Taehyung passes the both of us a glance through the rearview mirror.

"He won't be coming anymore..." He drags out as his eyes narrow at the both of us. "Why were the both of you in the car?" He asks, an eyebrow cocked with his question and Mira clears her throat, sinking into the seat next to me.

"We were talking," she says even though the blush in her cheeks made that hard to believe. 

Taehyung's eyes flicker to mine and for a brief moment, I was sure I caught hurt in them but just as fast as it appeared, he sobers his expression, looking to the road.

"Where are we going?" I ask Taehyung who takes a sharp turn into a road I wasn't familiar with.

He doesn't respond, instead, he speeds past traffic lights and ends up in front of an apartment complex I'm not entirely familiar with. "Mirah." Was all he says and she looks a little befuddled. 

"This-this is my place." She says, her voice somewhat soft.

"Yeah, get off. I have to get Nina back before going home and washing up." He almost snaps and if it weren't for the look of alarm in Mirah's face, I would've chalked his tension up to the fight he just had with Ku.

"Okay," her voice almost disappears into herself as she gets out of the car, looking back at me with caution. I want to ask her what's wrong but before I could, Taehyung speeds off.

"Taehyung!" I yell, "what the hell? Slow down, you're going to get us killed." He doesn't respond, instead, he goes faster. A muscle thrums against his jawline and a feral look filled his eyes. 

A sudden pang of fear fills me because in the couple of months I've known him, I've never seen him so out of control. 

He jams his foot on the breaks at an empty street and swings the door open as he got out. "Taehyung, what is going on?" I demand, and he comes to the backseat door and flings it open as well. He grabs my arms urgently, his grip firm but somehow soft. 

He yanks me out of the car and I yelp in response to getting backed to the side of the car. "Tae-" And his lips meet mine with a ferocity I didn't know existed. I place my hands on his chest to push him away from me but when he nibbled onto my lip, I gasp, clasping his shirt to pull him closer to me. 

The moment my body relaxes into his, kissing him back, he pulls away and frames my face with one hand. "I don't like sharing," he growls with a voice so low I barely hear it. "And this," he wipes my lip with his thumb, "doesn't belong here." He shows me his thumb with Nina's lipgloss

I'm confused, still too overwhelmed with the kiss we just shared and this side of him I've never seen before to realise he knows about the kiss I had with Nina in his car. 

"Taehyung-" I stop, not comprehending the situation and not knowing how to continue. We never claimed to be exclusive. In fact, we agreed on taking things slow for Mirah's sake when we thought she liked him. So this possessive frustration coming from him wasn't something I understood. 

His hand trails lower, his thumb brushing my skin where Nina's lipgloss had left traces and his jaw clenches before he wraps his fingers around my throat, pulling me towards him. "Do you understand, Nina?" 

Fire so uninhibited and strong burned through his eyes and right through me. The longer I stayed quiet the more frustrated he grew, his fingers tightening their hold on my neck but not enough to hurt. Only enough to excite me.

Why was this exciting me? 

"Yes," I let out, out of breath and enamoured by the look for pure want in his eyes. 

And with that, he brings me to his lips by my neck, where he completely ruins every memory of a kiss I've ever had. The passion and fire that scorched the kiss were enough to make my legs give out but that doesn't stop us. He lifts me by the hips, my entire weight now trapped between the side of the door and his body.

My dress rides up and he takes the opportunity to grab my bare thigh, his fingers digging into my flesh in the most delicious way. A whimper of protest escapes my lips when he pulls away but the dark look in his eyes keep my heart pounding. 

His hand on my thigh runs higher and his eyes watch as his fingers trace my skin until his fingers are grazing my panties and his eyes flicker to mine, questioning and before I could say yes, we hear a rumble in the distance. 

Taehyung's gaze snaps towards to noise and we realise a car was coming our way. He almost shields my body as he tugs my skirt back down, making sure I was decent again and that no one else saw what he just had. 

He pulls away but not before the briefest kiss on my forehead. It was so fast, I wasn't even sure it happened. He goes to the passenger side door and opens it, not saying a thing as he waits for me to get in.

The whole drive home is no different. It was silent and when he dropped me off, he left without so much as a goodbye, leaving me to think; what the hell just happened?

a/n: an update after 2 years lmao.