Chapter 3

THREE.

"Taehyung, I appreciate your concern," I lied, it got on my nerves, "but I'll be fine." I say as I wait by the roadside, trying to flag down a cab.

"Don't you drive?" He asks with curiosity.

"I'm not exactly sober." I murmur as I glance up at him right before peeling my eyes back onto the road.

"Well, lucky for you." He jingles car keys in front of my face. He must've thought he was saving me or something based on the obnoxiously wide grin painted on his lips.

"What do you want?" I ask bluntly as it takes him slightly aback.

"I'm sorry?" His brows furrow as he looks at me.

"Or do you just do this to every stranger you meet?" I snap. His arm drops back down to his side as he takes in a deep breath.

"I just thought you'd want a ride. But, it's fine. I'm sorry if I bothered you." He lets out. I could tell that I hurt him a little.

I couldn't help but feel bad. He was just trying to be nice. Besides, they said we should socialise amongst the AA meet.

"I'm sorry." I call as he walked away.

He turns to face me and then swings his arms in front of him, brushing it off.

"No, really." I jog up to him, "I actually would love a ride." I say and he smiles.

. . .

"Excuse you!" I yell, hitting his arm lightly.

"I'm sorry, you looked old from afar." He laughs as his eyes remained fixed on the road.

"Well, that's a first." I look at my fingertips.

"Oh really?" He gives me a quick glance.

"Yea, have you seen my height?" I chuckle. "People mistaken me for a 10 year old." I joke as I shake my head, burying my face in the palm of my hands and he laughs.

After a few moments I feel my stomach grumble, "Hey, do you think we could stop and grab some food?" I look at him.

"Thank God." He breathes out in relief. "I'm starving." He stressed. "Is McDonalds drive through okay with you?" He asks as he takes a right turn.

"Mmhmm," I hummed in agreement as I looked out the window, staring at the blaring sun. I don't know why I always did that. It would leave me blinded for a few second, but it always weirded me out how I could never take a proper good look at it.

Taehyung pulls up at the drive through, "Can I get a- um- number 2." He says after much consideration. "What about you?" He looks over to me.

"I'll have the same thing!" I yelled over him from the passenger's seat to the speaker.

"You could've just told me." He flinched from my voice, covering the right side of his ear.

"I'm sorry." I smile sheepishly.

We got our food and parked the car in the parking lot. I take out the burger from the paper bag and instantly start devouring it.

I sip onto my Coke Light, washing down the food. "Oh my gosh, that was good." I lean back into the seat.

"You're done?" He gives me a look of surprise as he stared at his half eaten burger.

"I'm a fast eater when I'm hungry." I shrug. "It's okay though, you can take your time." I say and he nods as he took another bite of his burger.

I start with my fries. "You into photography?" I ask, eyeing the camera that laid in the centre console.

"Mmhmm." He tries swallowing down the food.

"It doesn't look digital though." I say the moment I notice the film.

"I like to keep it vintage." He nods with a smile.

"Cool." I respond.

"What about you?" He asks, tilting his body a little so that he'd face me.

"What do you mean?"

"What are you into? What do you do?" He asks, taking another bite of his burger.

"I used to be be Gong Yoo's art consultant." I say and his eyes widened as he looked at me in awe.

"The Gong Yoo?" He almost chokes on his food.

I chuckle, "Yes." I laugh.

Gong Yoo was one of the wealthiest businessmen in Korea and had an interest in art. Being interested in art, I interviewed for a position and with luck on my side, I got in.

However, it was only for two years. I was fired due to the rumours that we had slept together even though our relationship was strictly professional. Not wanting to risk his reputation, he had let me go, and not in the most civil way either. 

"But, I'm not working for him anymore." I quickly say, cringing at the memory of my last day.

"Why not?" Taehyung pouts a little.

"Long story, I don't wish to get into it." I sigh, slumping into his car seat.

"So, art consultant." He nods, sparking another conversation. "You don't look like someone into art." He says, finally taking the last bite of his burger.

"Excuse me?" I coughed up a laugh. "I love it. Every thing about it just pulls me in." I say as I bring my hands to my chest, being overly dramatic to get my point across.

"So you should be into photography then." He asks, stealing some of my fries.

"Hm?" I hummed, wanting him to go on.

"Art is basically portraying your perspective of the world. Photography's almost the same thing." He shrugs.

"I mean, Art has more to that. You express yourself, your emotions. You bring forth the intangible to the tangible world." I say and he smirks.

"Well, all I'm saying is that photography is not far off." He slumps into his seat. "You should try it." Taehyung looks at me.

"I-"

"Thinking about it, it'd be so fun!" He suddenly exclaims as he jolts from his seat. "I've always wanted someone to take photos with." Taehyung beams at me.

"I don't know." I say as I stared at the man I barely knew.

"Just think about it, okay?" He smiles warmly as he starts his engine. "Now, let me send you home."