Bonus Chapter: The Song

It started with the first chord itself. Beth could feel her heart racing with every beat. She knew which song they had started to play. She recognized it straight away, and how could she not, it was after all, the song she had danced on at her wedding.

Her wedding. With Noah.

Her wedding. The day Noah had taken vows to be with in every step of the way.

Her wedding. When she had promised Noah to be with him until her last breath.

Her wedding.

The song started and the whole room began changing.
The people's face changed into those of familiar ones. Some family and some friends. Few were drinking while others were chatting.

White linen draped on the walls and she entered with Noah, his hand in hers and a whisper in her ear. "I love you, so very much." She heard it again.

She knew Alec had already noticed her face growing pale. He didn't know anything about Noah or the significance of this song or even the fact that she had been married before.

She inhaled sharply, clenched her first under the table, just like her therapist used to ask her to do, and grabbed the wine with other hand.

But with each syllable the memories came back, and they came back with force.

She remembered how beautiful that day was. The sun had graced the vineyard they were supposed get married in. Lush flowers had covered the way to the altar.
Her bouquet had flowers same as her mother's bouquet had all those years ago when she married her father.

And even though her father wasn't there anymore, she was happy that she had her mother walking with her. She was so afraid of falling or tripping over her dress. Her lace white gown. It had taken her weeks to find that perfect piece. It had delicate embroidery covering it and a small net veil came down from her hair to cover her face.
And as she walked down to the altar, she remembered seeing Noah sniffing at the far end. Then he took her hand and looked in her eyes.

Those eyes, she could never forget those eyes. Everything about them was beautiful and that day they only spoke the most sincere feelings of his heart.

She tried to hide behind the wine glass, taking a large sip but it wasn't enough. How on Earth could it be?
Nothing will be except Noah and his hand in hers, guiding her to the dance floor.
Behind them the band announced their dance.
His hand on her waist. He looked so handsome that day in the classic black tux. The small bow tie-

She was pulled out of her memories by Alec's voice. She didn't hear what he said. He looked at her again and asked, "Beth? You alright?"

"Yes." He knew she was lying again.

"You don't-"

"I am fine. Just old memories."

"Come on." He said.

"What?" She looked back at him. He offered her his hand.

"They are playing can't help falling in love. Come on."

She didn't want to do this. This was the last thing she wanted. She looked at Alec and then his hand wanting to say no, but it wasn't his hand anymore. It looked more familiar, like from a distant memory.
It looked like Noah's.

"Okay." She said and putting her hand in his.

He guided her to the dance floor, just like Noah had years ago. When she looked around the room again, she could see the old crowd but then she could even see these business men whom she didn't know.

All the memories were mixing with reality and suddenly nothing made sense until she felt his hand on her waist.

A familiar touch yet unfamiliar. 

It's wasn't a white lace gown this time.
It was a peach gown this time.

A man stood in front of her again. In a black tux, again. He swayed with her, again. And she slowly lost herself to the music, again.

It wasn't the familiar touch of Noah but it was the unfamiliar touch of Alec with familiarity of love.

She looked in his eyes and they were sincere just like Noah's.

"Take my hand...." He sang.

"Oh dear god, you are a terrible singer." She shook her head.

"Maybe, but I a great dancer." He put on his charm.

"Decent." She teased. He was doing better than she imagined though.

"Well, I guess I will just have to show you." He teased her back.

And just like that, she came back to the reality.

*****
Oh man, it is always fun coming back to this book.

I had been planning to put this chapter out for a really long time but I just didn't have enough time. (I still don't to be honest.) But it was kind of a big day for me today and the reason you will know on 13th December! A huge announcement coming up soon!

Anyway, for anyone who didn't understand the storyline, it is from the same time as the chapter 16. 'can't help falling in love'. In this part we see why Beth was crying that day. Because it was her wedding song! Aaahhhh so many emotions.
I decided to use another version of the same song for this so as to show the comparison and difference in the chapter and the narrative. Hope it worked. 

As always, please vote, share and if you enjoyed this, please come back on 13th. It is really important day! 

I love you guys!

Love,
Alice.

****