New love

I walked into the infirmary as Noah and Liam requested just to be overly protective and make sure I'm ok. Noah was smiling and chatting with Liam as they casually did, though this time I overheard them talking about Olivia and Mia. The respective ages in the household went something like this, Austin and Dylan were the oldest being the same age. I was younger than both of them by a year as well as Liam and Noah being older than me by a few months. Olivia was a few months younger than me and then Mia being the youngest girl and Mason being the older than her by about half a year. Austin and Dylan are 17 almost 18, Noah, Liam and I are 16 going on 17. Olivia's birthday is in about a week as she was nearing 16. Mason is 15 and so is Mia. Emie recently turned 7. Now that I think about it A lot has happened in these past years since the apocalypse started.

"Hey No, hey Li!" (pronounced lee)

"Hey, Aub!" They greeted in unison which made me laugh. I sat on the medical bed and let them run the normal check up tests we have monthly just to make everyone is healthy and okay.

Mia ran in with Mason "aubrey! We found a bonfire in the distance." Mia said worried. I just simply nodded.

"I'll check it out after this." I told them calmly. I was their leader I had to stay calm in order to help protect everyone.

Liam look at me with a glare. "I hope you arent thinking of going alone."

"You need to have someone to go with you." Noah interjected as well.

I just shook my head. "Fine, fine I'll have dylan go with me." Noah wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Ooh take your man with you no funny business." I blushed softly and gently pushed him.

"Shut it no." I rolled my eyes at him. "You know how dylan is hed let himself take most of the damage for me. Even though I constantly tell him that I can handle some zombies." I sighs "Ok I'll take him first thing when I'm done with this." I shook my walkie at Mia "do me a favor and put fresh batteries in there please mia." I said gently to the girl and tossed it to her open hands.

Mia soon came back with my sword, handgun and walkie talkie. I smiled at her when she came back. "Thanks mia!"

"No problem aub!" She replied and handed me my things. I put them away and ran my hand down my braid. Mia smiled at me softly.

"Can I redo your hair?" She asked. I nodded and moved to let her braid it. Mia slowly took out my long braid and ran her fingers through the long hair. I closed my eyes enjoying the feeling. Mia french braided my hair again the braid always reached to just passed the bottom of my back. I should cut my hair but my mom always discouraged cutting my hair. So I havent cut it for her sake.

I took my things. "Alright I'm gonna go get dylan and we'll go." I smiled and then walked out of the room. I walked up to Dylan and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He turned around and put his hands on my hips.

"Hey" he chuckled softly kissing my forehead. "What's up?" He asked.

I smiled more at him. "We have to go. The guys dont want me going alone. So I said I'd take you." My cheeks growing a bit warm signalling a blush faintly across my cheeks and nose.

Dylan grinned at my state. "Alright let's go then." I slowly pulled my arms away from around him. He grabbed his things and grabbed my hand. "Ready?" He asked softly.

"Mhm.." I replied softly intertwining our fingers. I slowly walked to the door that opened to the trees.

"Why dont we take the ground this time?"

"Uhm zombies."

"I mean the back way it has less." He told me with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Alright fine." I said walking down the stairs and looking at him as he opens the door. I walk out and wait until he closes the door. We slowly walk up the hill to avoid more of the zombies.

I gently hold onto his hand. We walk to stores to restock our missing items. I started quietly walking the isles, looking for the supplies I need. I started to grab some things from the shelves, medical supplies and other things needed for the team. I slowly felt arms wrap around my waist from behind as dylan rested his head on my shoulder. I felt a small smile graze my lips as I turned to look at him.

As if there couldn't be a worse moment Olivia's voice floated from the walkie. I picked it up listening intently.

"Hey Aub we have a wounded male we have enough to help him but we need to hurry back with the supplies."

I nodded. "Alright Olivia. Were heading back now. Be there in 10." I slowly pulled away from his touch. "Come on we have to go back." I gently grabbed his hand and started to walk back to the base quickly. I stopped in my tracks when I saw my parents or well what's left of them. Zombies, right in front of me. I felt tears start to brim my eyes but shook my head and looked at them. "I'm sorry." I whispered softly to them before walking past them. I took off in a light sprint just wanting to get away.

We were back at the base before I knew it. I slipped back through the door with dylan. I ran to the medical wing. "I'm back." I quickly dug through the bag and pulled out the supplies for them.

"Aubrey hey.. are you ok?" Liam asked softly. He looked a bit concerned. I couldnt let them see me upset. I had to be strong for the team, for my family, and for my Emie.

"I'm perfectly fine liam. Thank you for asking." I gently handed him the supplies. "Just hurry and heal him." I told him a bit rushed.

Liam and Noah quickly finished tending to the guy as I watched from the corner to make sure everything went smoothly, knife in hand just in case he turned. Once the guy woke up I slowly walked over. "How you feeling dude?" I sat next to the bed.

"The names max. I'm feeling fine thanks for asking. Could I get some water?" I nodded.

"Yeah I'll be right back with some." I left the room to the kitchen and got a glass of water. When I came back to the room I found my brother in there talking to max. I handed him the glass and smiled at austin.

Austin got up and pulled me out to the hall. "Can I talk to you?" He asked a bit nervous.

"Of course why couldnt you?"

He took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his hair. "Look I'm bisexual... I've wanted to come out for a while but I just couldnt."

I wrapped my arms around him in a hug. "This doesnt change how I love you at all. I love you for you. If you like girls and boys that's completely fine. Love is love. Nothing can change that." I kissed his cheek. "Now go have fun." I pulled away.

Austin gave me a smile and then walked back to the room to talk with Max.

I walked to the kitchen and sat at the bar. I spun to look at dylan. "Hey."

"Hey." He replied. "You doing ok?"

"Yeah I'm doing ok. Just a little shaken up from earlier."

"You have every right to be." He told me as he took my hand. I heard footsteps and turned to see austin helping Max to the kitchen, a faint blush across both of their cheeks. I smiled knowing Austin wasn't alone anymore.

I turned back and kissed Dylan's cheek. I'll be on the roof if you need me. I slung my rifle on my back and walked off to the roof.