Regrets

Nat slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the dim morning light that came through the window.

"Mhm? Where am I? " she thought.

-What...? - asked Gabriel, opening his eyes slowly, equally annoyed by t the light coming through the window. However, he soon felt that someone was by his side, in his arms. Memories arrived and hit him like a wall.

-Nathalie?!

After a second, Nathalie realized that their bodies were intertwined in a hug.

-My God, I'm so sorry - she hastened to say, removing her right arm from under Gabriel's head and her left arm from above his chest. -I... I... I must go. I'm sorry, Sir.

Gabriel, at the same time, withdrew his arms from his assistant's petite waist.

However, even after they had undone their hug, they remained lying under Gabriel's sheets, facing each other. It seemed that none of both wanted to move.

-No... I'm the one who's sorry, I shouldn't have asked you to stay - added Gabriel, still lying next to the black-haired girl - it was my fault and I apologize.

-I should've never come in the first place- confessed Nathalie, averting her gaze from the blond.

"Although I loved it" she thought.

-You were under the effects of the peacock, so I'm to blame - said Gabriel, sitting up in bed, turning a little, to sit in front of her.

Nathalie sat in the same way in front of him.

-Let's just... Let's forget about this, yes? - she said staring firmly into his eyes. Deep down wishing he refused.

-It will be the best - said Gabriel, clearing his throat and looking away.

Nathalie sighed in disappointment.

-Excuse me - she said, getting out of bed and walking towards the door. Deep down, she wanted to turn around and jump into his arms again, but instead, she slowly opened the door, making sure there was no one in the hallway and carefully stepping out, closing the door behind her, without even looking back.

-Shit- he muttered, getting out of bed and walking into the shower.

When he finished, he went down to his office.

"This will be awkward" he thought.

"Oh my God, Oh my God!!! I slept with my boss, "Nathalie thought, entering the shower.

"But his arms around me... STOP! Focus, Nathalie. "

It was almost impossible for Nathalie, in general, to get Gabriel out of her mind, and worse now, aware she had slept in his arms. She smiled like a fool as she adjusted her usual red turtleneck and left her room.

Silently and smiling a little, she knocked on Adrien's door.

-Mhmm? - growled the boy.

-Up Adrien, it's time to go to school.

- Father will have breakfast with me?

-No, he started a video call 5 minutes ago - she replied.

-Typical- the boy sighed, getting out of bed. -Thanks, Nathalie.

Nathalie closed the door and headed to the office.