camping - round 2

adelaides pov

feb 2nd

since our first round of camping ended with me not being able to walk, we decided to give it a second shot.

"you ready, baby?" colby asked me, walking into our room.

"almost. i need like 5 more minutes," i said before kissing him.

"cool... jake is taking stuff out to load up the car so i'm gonna go help him. you girls can just come down when you're ready." he said, grabbing my zipped up suitcase.

i continued to pack my makeup and all of my essentials into another small bag.

this time around, corey and mya weren't invited. we just all had bad blood with mya. we did text corey to say that he could come but he said that if we weren't inviting his bitch of a girlfriend then he wouldn't be attending.

"hey, you ready?" tara asked, walking into my room.

"yeah." i said, zipping up my small bag.

this time around, we had all decided on individual group tents, if that makes sense.

so tara and jake, sam and kat, devyn and xepher and then colby and i.

we grabbed the last of our things before locking up the apartment and heading out the door.

"oh, adelaide, hello darling." i heard someone say from behind me. tara and i both turned to meet eyes with mathew.

"no words for me, dear?" he asked.

"what the fuck do you want." i spit at him

"awh, baby, that's no way to talk to a man." he said. "but to answer your question, i want you." he smirked.

"listen i don't know why the fuck you have an obsession with me or what you want from me and to be quite honest, i don't care. just leave me alone, you asshole." i said, turning back around to go down the hall.

"fuck off" i heard tara spit at him, walking right next to me.

"i hate him." i breathed out once we go into the car.

"why is he like obsessed with you?" tara asked me.

"couldn't tell you. it's creepy though." i told her

"be safe, adelaide. i wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you." she told me.

we made our way out of the building and to the parking garage, telling the boys what happened in the apartment. it pissed colby off and it seemed like he would be pissed for a while.

jake got in the drivers seat and tara and i got in the back, giving colby a minute to cool off before he got in the passengers seat.

"you okay?" i asked him, gently, as he sat in the passenger seat.

"fucking awesome, adelaide." he rudely said back. i shut up after that, not wanting to be disrespected any further.

"brother, don't be rude to her." jake defended

colby said some asshole thing back so i stuck my airpods in, drowning out any background noise and eventually drifted to sleep.

"adelaide, your phone is going off." tara told me a few minutes after i woke up.

i checked my phone and noticed she said that because she was texting me, asking if i was okay.

i texted her back and said

"fucking awesome" 😂

and then i texted her again and said

no for real i'm fine, he's been in an asshole mood this week.

to which she texted me back, telling me he shouldn't be disrespecting me like that

i told her it would blow over and we left it at that.

after 2 hours and a stop for tacos, in which i made tara sit at a separate table with me, we arrived to the campground.

sam, kat, devyn and xepher had set out earlier in the day to go to the camp so they were already there and checked in.

"hi guys." kat said, running over to tara and i when we got out of the car.

"hi." we both smiled.

we said hi and hugged everyone and then colby glared over at me

"colbys a fucking asshole, someone else share a tent with him." i spit.

"oh don't be a bitch. this is your fault." he spit back. i saw his features soften when he realized he called me a bitch.

a hot tear rolled down my face, so i slowly stood up and walked to the tent that was supposed to be ours, and sat on the bed.

tara and devyn were soon at the entrance of my tent and then hugging me.

"ad, are you okay?" dev asked me. i had to explain to devyn what happened back at the apartment.

"how dare he blame that on you. it's not
your fault, addi. don't worry about him." devyn told me.

"i don't know why he thinks i can control what this man does... how am i supposed to change the situation?" i ranted to the girls for a few more minutes and then heard the zipper rattling.

"what?" i spoke, assuming it was colby.

"can i come in?" he asked.

"yeah." i breathed out

tara and devyn exited the tent before colby entered, leaving us alone.

"baby, i'm so sorry." he said, pulling me into a hug. "when the stuff with mathew happens, it makes me feel so helpless. i'm supposed to protect you but here we are... you're basically being stalked by our neighbor. i just... don't like feeling defenseless." he explained.

"please, just don't blow up on me next time. i can't handle that." i told him.

"of course. i'm sorry for calling you a bitch... you know i don't think of you like that." he expressed.

"i know. i love you, colby." i smiled.

"i love you, angel." he smiled, leaning down to kiss me.