Chapter Twenty-one

Start from the beginning

"I really should go," Miles said, sounding as if he wanted to anything but that. Rudy wanted it just as much as Miles did- that is, he didn't want it at all.

It had only been two weeks since that kiss, just under for when Miles basically made them official. It was scary how much Rudy felt. How much he never wanted to be apart from Miles at all, not for a minute.

When he did go an hour or so later - with a hickey the size of Jupiter and lips satisfyingly swollen and red - Rudy read from his small tower of books in his room, maybe he did add that stupid book that Miles had went on about most of the night to his Amazon basket.

Even if he did, no one would know.

~*~

Kelly frowned into her locker. "My stuff has went missing again."

Rudy eyed her, pinning on his stupid name tag that Kelly and Miles had annoyingly decorated with smiley stickers from the bargain box yesterday.

"You should tell Archer." Rudy said simply. He noticed she looked more tired that ever, her eyes heavy with the lack of sleep and her hair frizzy. He wondered if it was her stalker effecting her. Not that he cared.

"I can't! Constanza will have my head for not saying something sooner," she snapped in a panic, biting her nail slightly.

"Then tell Mark."

"Tell me what?" A voice sprang in question from behind them.

Both gasped and turn round to see Mark halfway through the staff door, hand out stretched towards the brush, his eyebrow raised at the questionably.

"Uh, nothing!" Kelly chirped before Rudy elbowed her and made a quick escape past Mark and out the staff room before she could violently retaliate.

He heard Mark stop her and ask her again, more seriously and concerned. Rudy let himself, in turn, become totally unconcerned. Wasn't his problem anymore. What was his problem for that day was displaying a new batch of highly anticipated books near the front and in the Teen Fiction area to promote even more customers which he didn't need. Or want.

Miles wasn't even in, he had the day off. Although Miles had already told him he was meeting him and the end of his shift Rudy still felt like flinging a row of bright yellow books at the creepy dude that still stalked the aisles like their very own phantom.

He got the job done as quick as he could, an hour well spent, and took over Kelly at the till and then swept after a child allowed in with a bag of biscuits while he followed his mother around like a messy duckling.

Rudy hated the world.

"I'm leaving," he grunted as soon as the clock struck the end of his shift, not bothering to wave back at Denise.

"Wait Rudy, me too." Kelly unfortunately said, following him into the staff room. He could sense her eyeing him, turning her head in such and unsubtle fashion in his direction every few seconds as he bundled his stuff together to leave. He ignored with the same finesse.

Don't you want to know what happened between me and Mark?" She asked finally.

"Not particularly," Rudy answered dryly.

Kelly snorted," of course you wouldn't," she continued to go into telling him anyway in spite."He's taking me to see Archer tomorrow when he is in and making sure to be there when he and so I'm not alone. He couldn't get to walk me home today so he made sure I was of at the same time as you so you can instead."

It was Rudy's turn to eye her as he closed his locker, bag in hand and jacket now on, he pulled put his hat to yank on his head. He noticed she was already decked out in winter knitwear and a green fur-hooded jacket. "Did he now." He didn't say it a a question, more in a way that implied that he would so be demanding out of Mark tomorrow why he had to take care of his annoying girlfriend.

"Uh huh." She nodded, ignoring his tone, knowing fully that Rudy would take we home anyway.

Rudy hated her. He loathed her.

He whipped out his phone in annoyance to send a quick text to Miles about the infestation of Kelly.

"He meant to ask you," he prattled on," but Lyndsay has been hot at his heels ever since she caught us... Eh... In the store cupboard."

Rudy grimaced and walked out the building, keeping hold of the door a little longer to let Kelly through.

"What's with the hat?" She was staring at the knitted thing on his head as if it offended her.

Rudy pulled on it consciously, feeling the wool at his fingertips. He shrugged.

"It's ugly." she proclaimed and Rudy frowned, glaring down at her slightly.

"S'not," he defended poorly. He knew if Miles or Rosie were here they'd be kicking up a fuss.

"Oh my God. You hate it too, can so tell but you absolutely love it at the same time." Kelly squealed and laughed at him."Miles bought you it didn't he? He bought that hideous hat and you wear it because he- oh my god, you absolute sap!"

"Shut up," he grumbled, trying to get away from her as she got louder. He felt his face burn a little.

"You are so cute, let me hold you!"

"I swear to god Kelly, get the hell away from me." He struggled as she latched into his arm, laughing her head off as she just held on tighter and leaned into his puffy jacket.

"Adorable," she managed to sigh through laughs.

And then suddenly everything went to shit as there was a desperate cry behind them." SHE'S MINE!"

For the second time that day, Kelly and Rudy whipped around. All Rudy could register was a silver glint and a blood-curling scream from Kelly as the owner of the voice lunged forward.

A/n: oh wow two updates in one week???
I totally wrote all this on a train ride on my phone so I'm just getting it out before I chicken out and fix it again and cry.
when I first joined wattpad I was such a slow writer so I never got to have my fill of random, unasked for drama that everyone was basking in at the time. So with everything I'm writing now I'm getting it all out and it's a wonderful feeling. So enjoy this pointless angst and drama!

Please remember to vote as comment, my pretties~

P.s. Wicked was, well - wicked.