Chapter Twenty-one

Chapter Twenty-one

"I'm not reading it."

"Aw c'mon Rudes,"Miles whined, holding up the pastel green book with pink writing and two cartoon figures on the front."I wouldn't tell you to if it wasn't totally amazing! It seems like a typical teenage romance but IT'S SO MUCH MORE. Dear god, it's got sibling strain, friendship angst, parent problems, anxiety handling, love interest, characters making actual human mistakes and not being superficially flawless like all books. The works. Plus Cath is my spirit animal." Miles continued to rant and rumble on while Rudy pretending to listen, still refusing to read it and focused more on the shape of his lips and his ever-moving hands as he spoke.

Dating Miles Waterstone is probably one of the best things that's ever happened to Rudy.

He's never felt so full of emotion, yet so totally drained. It just takes one look from Miles and he's out and beyond this world and then one word to have him rocketing right back down again.

He thought he had it bad before, he thought he could never feel as much but he was wrong. Oh so wrong.

It took a while for Rudy to get past the fear of actually moving his hands, of actually being able to touch just more of Miles. To feel his soft lips on the pads of his fingers, the softness of his dark hair and the scratchy feeling of his ridiculous jumpers that seemed to be getting even more hideous as they dwelled deeper and deeper into winter.

It also has it's cons; that being those with the names Kelly and Rosie- and sometimes Mark.

Kelly would ask non-stop questions and butt in where it was none of her business, irritating the hell out of Rudy and pushing it out of Miles when Rudy wasn't near. Rosie was worse, even managing to get it out of Rudy when she harped on for long enough and attacked Miles when he came over.

Mark liked to annoy Rudy with certain looks. Rudy liked to return them with his right hand and his middle finger - when he looked for Lyndsey not looking first.

The rain had stopped, replaced with frost and sharp winds as the dwelled into winter, regretfully shedding Rudy of his denim jacket and into something more practical. He wore Miles' hat more often than not, much to Miles' pleasure.

They were in Rudy's flat, watching Willow with Warwick Davis, after just back from taking Legolas, who was curled up between the both of them, from Trudy's. Legolas was exhausted from running around the park where the children wanted to take him so was taking a nap while Miles scratched at his fur.

Rudy was trying not to think about how much a cockblock Legolas was being. Only when Rosie got home did the thing finally jump up and trod off the sofa, swaggering in a way that Rudy swore that he knew exactly what he had been putting off by being between them.

Miles greeted Rosie cheerfully as she appeared haggard at the door, she gave a grunt before going off again and into her room to pass out judging by the click of her door.

"I should go then," Miles sighed, shuffling on the sofa and to get up. Rudy disagreed; he showed as much as he reached out and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy and placing his face just at the crook of his neck where his jumper was slightly baggy and sliding off his shoulder, it had been distracting him the whole night." Or not- okay,"Miles laughed pleasingly as he returned the hug, snuggling into Rudy and leaning his head on Rudy's hair.

"I told you that you were really a big ol' teddy bear," Miles mused, mouth muffled by hair. Rudy growled low and bit his collarbone in retaliation, producing and squeak and a giggle from the smaller boy. When they died down Miles held on a little tighter, hands curling up at the back of Rudy's shirt.