evacuated hospital

"You should know that I'm not doing this because I have to. I want to." Jennifer attempted to converse with them, or at least with Derek. "I could still run. And you wouldn't have an easy time stopping me."

Adrianna scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I beg to differ."

Jennifer turned her head to look at Adrianna, her expression attempting to show sympathy, or kindness. "I don't want your sister to die. I'm only doing what I had to do."

Adrianna nearly laughed, shaking her head. This woman was seriously trying to convince them that she was one of the good guys, that she only had to kill all those people and risk Cora's life. "Everyone has a choice and you choose wrong."
Adrianna leant back in her seat and looked out the window to the rain that was pouring down around them. The storm was still rumbling around, carrying it's rage with it.

Jennifer huffed in what seemed to be annoyance and looked back to Derek. "You need to hear the whole story, Derek. You need to know just how connected we really are."

"Stop talking." Derek commanded, his eyes focused on the road ahead. If she didn't help Cora, he will kill her or let Adrianna do it. He didn't much mind, as long as Jennifer was gone.

---

Derek's car pulled up to the front of the hospital, parking in the midst of the rain. The hospital looked completely abandoned, the only sign of life being the lights shining through the windows.

Adrianna hoped out of the car and instantly got soaked. She moved around the vehicle and toward Scott and Stiles who had just got out of their car. Her eyes went to a wooden bat in Stiles' hand and her eyebrows pulled together.

"What's that?" Scott asked for the both of them.

Stiles glanced at his bat then to him and Adrianna. "Well, you got claws and powers. I got a bat."

Adrianna slowly nodded, guess that's reasonable. For a human. They walked up the few steps and into Beacon Hills Memorial.

Cold air hit them from inside and panic from nearly everyone in the hospital hit Adrianna. They walked through the crowds, not caring to be conspicuous as everyone was too busy evacuating. Derek lead the group, is hand firmly gripping Jennifer's arm and practically dragging her along.

They walked past the front desk and to the main hallway when a voice sounded.

"Scott! Scott!"

The group halted to a stop, turning to see Melissa running towards them.

"What are you doing here? The hospitals evacuating." Melissa questioned in a confused tone.

"We're here for Cora." Scot answered.

"What, all of you?" Melissa's eyes moved to Stiles. "Why does Stiles have my bat?"

"Mum, just trust me on this. You need to get out of here. Right now." Scott instructed with a low voice. He didn't want his mum caught up in this, he especially didn't want her to get hurt.

Melissa looked to the rest of the group, then slowly back to Scott, realising how serious the situation may be. "The building is supposed to be clear in 30 minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's 10 minutes out, the other's 20. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage."

Scott nodded, internally thanking his mum for not arguing or pressing the issue. "Got it."

"Okay."

Adrianna turned and started walking down the hall behind Derek and Jennifer.
They reached the elevator just as it was opening. A nurse and a patient walked out and the group piled inside.

Derek stood at the front, holding Jennifers arm even more tightly then before. Stiles slipped behind them and Scott and Adrianna stood to their left.

Jennifer rolled her eyes, "You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help."

No one replied or even acknowledged her statement. They didn't care. She would help whether she wanted to or not.

Jennifer frowned, turning to look to her left at Scott practically growling at her and Adrianna completely ignoring her. She turned to look behind her to see Stiles gripping his bat so hard his knuckles were white and holding it close to his body, his eyes staring at Jennifer in slight fear. She rolled her eyes, looking back to the front.

The elevator finally dinged open. Derek pulled Jennifer out and the others followed.

As they walked down the abandoned hall, the lights started to flicker. It was most likely because of the storm, but Adrianna had a feeling it wasn't. Something felt wrong.

Derek slowed up ahead, looking at something in one of the rooms.
Adrianna and Scott moved around Jennifer so they could see.

There was an abandoned bed and a pool of black liquid on the floor mixed with a white substance. Mistletoe.

Adrianna growled at Jennifer, her eyes going cold. It was Cora's. And it was Jennifer fault.

"Derek." Scott spoke up.

They turned to him with a frown before they spotted what he was looking at. There was a trail of black droplets leading from the puddle down to a set of double doors a few metres ahead of them.

Adrianna's eyebrows pulled together as she could hear muffled growling and struggling coming from behind those doors. What the hell?

Peter suddenly came flying out of the room, sliding along the floor and landing at their feet with a thud. He groaned, looking up Derek's confused expression. "We got a problem." He looked down at the open double doors. "Big problem."

Adrianna slowly raised her head to see the twins formed wolf standing in the other room.

.

.

.

.

( edited )