Eyes

This was one of your most stressful times of the year. You spent all day and night working since everyone and their mother shared your information throughout the city. You were the go-to photographer for family Christmas, engagement, and baby announcement photos. Every day you received 10 new emails of people looking to schedule you. That ding of your email was now haunting you. You had at least two shoots a day and then would spend your entire night editing photos so you would have a quick turnaround for every client. The beginning of every shoot is the same... "How do you want us?", What should we do?" You never liked telling people what to do in the photos. You liked capturing the candid moments. When the husband whispers in his wife's ear and gets her to laugh. When the whole family is smiling while the youngest cracks the funniest face. Getting the perfect still of a huge laugh spread across everyone's face.

"It's me!" you heard yelled through your apartment as you were sitting in your office working on your desktop editing photos from a gender reveal party you worked the day before. "Hi Kim!" you yell back, you were so glad she had a key to your place. You never had to break your flow to let her in. "Can you please give yourself tonight off? Let's go get some drinks tonight. You need to separate yourself from this computer. You are already turning into a zombie." Kim says as she paces through your office before heading into your bedroom across the hall. You knew she was right. Every photo was blending together and that wasn't going to help you make these photos perfect for the family. You make some saves before you walk into your room to find Kim going through your closet and picking out your outfit for the night. "I didn't say yes" you tell her. "You didn't have to" Kim laughs. You just shrugged and sat on your bed next to your outfit for the night. "do you care where we are going?" she asks you as you just stare into space thinking about your next few shoots. "not really" you mumble and Kim laughs. "I didn't think so. Get dressed, we leave in 20 minutes" she told you, knowing you well enough that you didn't wear much makeup so your getting ready process was very fast.

The 20 minutes went too fast, you were ready, but you just wanted to sit on your couch not leave your place. "Can't we just go pick up food and bring it back here to watch a movie? I won't do any work. I promise." You whine to Kim. She rolled her eyes, "no this is why we are going out. You have resorted into your hermit shell. You need to go out of your house for something other than work." You knew she was right. You just really wanted her to not be. Because she was right, you were a complete hermit, but you liked it that way. The two of you got to the bar and immediately ordered drinks. It was a relaxed place thankfully. Just everyone there was hanging out in their groups chatting and listening to music. Nothing crazy, just how you like it. Suddenly you heard your name yelled over the music and saw the gorgeous blonde moving quickly to you from the other side of the bar. "Ryanne, hi!" you said as she embraced you with a hug. "I can't believe you are here! I was just telling Claude how I wanted to call you and see if we could schedule a family shoot for Christmas." You almost didn't believe what she was asking. You had become so close with Ryanne after doing a pregnancy announcement and first photos with her and her husband. You just didn't think they would ask again; they could literally hire anyone. "Y/N!" you heard a tipsy Claude shout from across the room as he waved you three over to their group. "I'm going to already apologize for him. It's our first night out without Gavin. I have the sitter sending us photos every 10 minutes. She's probably going to quit." The three of you laugh as you walk over to join the group.

"Everyone this is my favorite person ever... Y/N" Ryanne said to the group as you all walked up. Claude immediately hugged you before wrapping his arms around his wife. You could barely look at anyone you were so embarrassed and shy. Wishing you were in your shell of a home. "Hi I'm Kim" she introduced herself and the group all said hello. You followed suit behind her shyly waving but Claude didn't let you off the hook that easily. He went to every one of his teammates individually introducing you and it got easier as you got more comfortable, thanks to your beer you assumed. After introducing you to the taken players and their significant others Claude, with a smirk, moved on to the single guys. It was no secret he and Ryanne wanted to set you up. Ryanne hinted at it anytime you joined her at a game or really any chance she got. You always made up an excuse to get out of plans post game but today you somehow ended up in the same bar as all of them. "This is Kevin." Claude pointed and the giant pulled you into a huge bear hug lifting you off the ground. You let out a whispered hi as someone else spoke up. "Jesus Hayes, don't scare her off right off the bat." The guy who was soon introducing himself as Carter said. "My bad, Y/N" Kevin weakly apologized while laughing hysterically.

Soon after Kim and Kevin started really hitting it off and your small talk with Carter was going well you saw a taller guy coming around the corner and looked back at the group. "Patty!" they all cheered, and you looked around a bit startled you hadn't met or seen him at all this season. As you turned around to greet him you bumped right into him. You immediately started to apologize, and he did too. The two of you laughing while staring at your feet. Finally, you both look up and you don't want to look away. His eyes are perfect. A gorgeous blue, this amazing shape. "I'm Nolan" he shyly mumbles as he raises his hand to shake yours. You're shaking his hand and you both have broken eye contact yet, "I'm Y/N" Nolan smiles mimics yours and you feel all the eyes on you both. Ryanne and Claude give each other a nudge, thinking them have succeeded. But you aren't convinced, and you don't think Nolan is either.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 10, 2019 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

IMAGINE: Nolan Patrickजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें