Ruin The Friendship - Part Two.

One week. That's how long it had been since Nolan kissed you. You haven't been alone with him since, you kept making sure of that. Always inviting your best friend and his to join if you all were doing anything. "Y/N you can't keep doing this." Your best friend told you as you rushed her into the apartment minutes before Nolan and Travis walked in. "Travis and I have been talking and we both agree you need to talk to him. You haven't pushed him away and you aren't going to." She told you while pouring you both glasses of wine.

After the guys arrived you quickly rushed everyone downstairs, "Come on, we don't want to miss all the fun!" you yelled to your friends who had fallen behind. Your best friend offered to drive and you quickly called out "shot gun!" so you didn't get stuck with Nolan in the backseat.

"of course, you do" you heard Travis say behind you and you glared at him. Nolan just grinned and rolled his eyes. You got in the car first not noticing that only your friend got in the car only until she said, "quit the shit, Y/N. Incase you haven't noticed Nolan clearly hasn't changed his feelings so just suck it up and admit to yourself." You just looked at her blankly, "okay can we just go. I want to just go have fun at Dave & Busters" You said as you noticed Nolan and Travis smiling into the car.

You all arrived at D&B and you were still keeping space between you and Nolan. After getting drinks and appetizers the four of you got game cards and started making your way into the game section. Now the downfall to you is that D&B is how you know you should never be allowed into a casino. You booked it to a claw machine and by the time you felt someone next to you it was already your fourth failed attempt at this red stuffed dog you really didn't even need. You were to into the game you didn't look to who was next to you until you felt a chin on your shoulder and just assumed it was your best friend until he spoke up. "Your technique is horrible." He softly chuckled in your ear causing you to tense up. Nolan's smirk grew as you slowly moved out from under him, your only response an awkward chuckle of your own.

You began to walk away when Nolan slightly got hold of your wrist. "Y/N, I'm not going to jump you every time we are alone." All you could get the courage to do was look at your feet. Ignoring these new-found butterflies for him was getting harder. Why did he have to open the flood gates with that damn kiss? He really had to go and make you question if you loved him more than just being your best guy friend. "Can you please look at me? I don't think I've seen your eyes in a week." He said nudging you. You slowly looked up at him. The second your eyes met his he was smiling and you were trying not to look like you were melting. "Alright here are my eyes. Happy now?" you said with a sarcastic smirk plastered on your face. He took a step closer never breaking eye contact and you hadn't even noticed that your hand was in his now. "Absolutely, I missed them" he said as he intertwined your fingers "let's find the other two." You wanted to remove your hand from his but you just couldn't. You felt safe and comfortable like this. It's not even weird for you two to be holding hands. He held your hand even before the kiss. That's just how you to had always been. You just felt like this shouldn't be as comfortable anymore, but here you were not letting go.

Nolan saw your friends first thanks to his height and you both stood back watching them compete against each other in Skee-ball. The shit talk was so good you couldn't stop laughing, leaning into Nolan more than expected. He put his arm around your shoulder puling you infront of him while he was cracking up as well. He rested his chin on your head. "Perfect height" he always told you when he did this. You smiled as he crossed his arms around your shoulders. Travis slyly looked back at you two, then whispered to your friend to keep playing and she looked back to see why. The three of them were clearly working together. You just rolled your eyes. Honestly you were growing tired trying to push away your feelings for him. The music playing through the speakers brought in confidence for you. You and Nolan both started swaying to the current song at the same time and you slowly reached up to rest your hands on his arms that were still crossed across you. Bringing your chin to rest in the center.

You could feel him smiling on the top of your head before he slowly moved next to your ear. "thank you" he whispered. You turned your head slightly, tensing when you noticed how close you were now, "for what?" Suddenly you were shy towards him and started to drop your hands. "Please don't" he said still in a whisper "I will completely drop these feelings I have for you if you tell me you hadn't started to feel something before I kissed you." He pulled you closer while you barely moved. You didn't expect him to just say that. Not here. In the middle of this grown up Chuck E. Cheese, where your friends were now in a completely harmless yelling match because Travis stole her last ball because she was about to win. He lightly squeezed you since he couldn't actually pull you any closer to him. You were flush against him. Turning your head to look at him you locked eyes with him in a millisecond. He had a worried look in his eyes for the first time until he realized how soft you were looking at him. A shy smile showing on his face as you started rambling, "Nolan I honestly don't know. You kind of snuck this up on me. Out of no where. Have I been able to get that kiss out of my head since? No. Have I thought about anyone but you since? No I haven't. Does it scare the hell out of me? Yes. Yes it fucking does." He was just smirking on your shoulder. His lips inches from yours. "Y/N I'm not asking you to marry me tomorrow." You slightly giggle rolling your eyes and turning a bit more to see his face more. His hands were down at your hips now and he turned you the rest of the way to face him. "I'll settle for a dinner" he started, "just us." He said sternly. "You mean you don't like the chaperones?" you laughed. He through his head back in a laugh, "You think they were helping you? Every moment they have been devising a plan to get us alone but you were just faster than them" You smiled looking behind you, catching them before they speed walked away from you both with a wink.

"So about that dinner?" he squeezed your hips to get your attention back on him. You looked up into his blue eyes, "nothing too fancy" Nolan smiled down at you, "I was thinking pizza since we had Chinese last time" he winked. You teasingly glared at him, "that was not a date, Patrick." The smile on his face mixed with the look he was giving you was enough to melt your heart even before he said, "Well I kissed you at the end of the night" he leaned in closer to you ear and whispered, "so I'm counting it." At this point you think he just enjoyed seeing you tense up. The smirk on his face was so flirtatious. Suddenly you were matching his smirk and he leaned in but instead of kissing your lips you felt a soft kiss placed to your cheek. Softly smiling you save him a side eye, "nice move." He was smiling off to the side and you followed his gaze meeting your two other best friends. They both gave you a thumbs up. You smiled back at them and raised your hand flipping them off and causing all of you to crack up.

The rest of the night was as normal as could be. Everyone joking and having fun like always. Occasionally Nolan's hand would find your waist to pull you closer so he could place a simple kiss to your temple, but nothing felt weird. Once you all decided to head home you smiled to Nolan before getting into the backseat of the car and you could hear Travis high-five him before he walked to the passenger side. Nolan climbed in the car scooting in right next you and after you both buckled your seatbelts he reached across your lap grabbing your hand. As he intertwined you fingers you smiled straight ahead guiding your friend out of the parking garage. He gave your hand a light squeeze getting you to look his way. Locking eyes with him. You knew in that moment you were fucked. You were about to fall in love with your best friend and you both knew it.