Moonlight

CHAPTER ELEVEN

[Moonlight]

HARRY

"Who's it from?"

"Mr. Dumbledore sirs! He said it was urgent and Dobby had to get it to Mr. Potter right away!"

Dobby handed Harry the letter, nearly bouncing off the walls from the excitement of being trusted with something so important. Harry, on the other hand, felt like he was about to throw up.

He was back on the bed now though. Leg criss-crossed and hands softly examining the small envelope. The thick, creamy paper felt smooth in his hands as he turned it around. The words, Urgent matters of Albus Dumbledore printed on the front in frantic, scribbled green ink. There was something else inside other than paper.

"Does he know where you are right now?" Draco asks. His eyebrows were furrowed in judgement. He still had Harry's wand in one hand just in case they had to make a quick getaway. Harry didn't know if regular stunning spells even worked on house-elfs.

Dobby moved as if he just now noticed Malfoy. His eyes lit up like a child on Christmas. "Its Mr. Draco! Oh how I've missed you- and with Mr. Potter! Dobby's two favorite people together!"

Draco winced. "Yep. Can you do me a favor, Dobby?"

"Oh- yes! Anything for Mr. Draco!"

Harry examined the conversation carefully. Draco was Dobby's previous master. Isn't that why he wanted to be free? He hated the Malfoys. But now that he thought about it, he never did say anything about Draco....

Draco hummed next to him. "The letter isn't tracked....is it?"

Harry immediately dropped the letter. He hadn't even thought of that. It seemed like the exact kind of thing Dumbledore would do too.

"Oh no! Mr. Dumbledore said to report right back to him sir. No charms. He was in a rush. He told Dobby to get to Mr. Potter right way and tell him where he was. House-elf magic is different!"

Harry looked down at the letter again. Before he knew it, his fingers were digging at the bright red wax sealing. Draco watched him cautiously over his shoulder. The letter inside was short and written on yellow aging paper. Harry grabbed his wand from draco and cast a quick diagnostic charm on it, just in case Dobby had been lying. Nothing happened. Harry raised an eyebrow at the elf.

Dear Harry,

Stay where you are. Your act of underage magic alarmed the Ministry and triggered the wards on Privet Drive.

Inside the letter is a porkey. Grab ahold at 10 to six tonight. It'll take you to a safe location. Mr. Shacklebolt will see that you're taken care of. The rest of the Order will be there to hear your story.

P.s. Arabella is fine. Just a little dizzy.

"Dobby. I need you to listen very carefully to me. You cannot tell Dumbledore where we are. Okay?"

Dobby frowns and it makes the anxiety in Harry's chest tighten. "Mr. Dumbledore is a good man. He let's Dobby work at Hogwarts. And gets paid."

"I know he is Dobby." Harry says, biting his lip. "Draco and I are on a top secret mission. And no one can know about it. Not even Dumbledore."

Dobby is confused for a moment. He contemplating something, Harry can tell. But it changes when he looks back up at the two hopeful faces he's come to admire the most.

"Dobby must do this for Mr. Potter's safety."

It's a couple seconds after Dobby snaps his fingers and disappears that Harry let loose of a breath he didn't know he was holding. A pitiful laugh escaped his lips as he falls back onto the bed. He tilts his head back and looks up at Draco's jaw-slacked face. "We're so fucked."