Chapter 2 - A Plan Comes Together

Start from the beginning

"I'm just being cautious."

"As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best huntsmen and huntresses we can."

"Believe me, I am." Ironwood said as he gets up and turns to walk away. When he stops at the front of the door, he looks at Ozpin. "But ask yourself this: Do you honestly believe your children can win a war?" With that, the General finally turned and left Ozpin alone.

"I hope they never have too..." Ozpin murmured, his expression worried.

XXXXXXXX

[Beacon Library]

In the Beacon Academy library, Team RWBYK and Aptus were sitting at a table and playing Remnant Edition. Weiss, Yang, and Blake waited for their team leader to make her move, Blake appeared to be distracted. Meanwhile Ky and Aptus were watching the game intently...while wearing headsets and microphones.

As the girls were looking through their cards, Ky suddenly spoke up, "This fight right here is gonna be a bloomin' slobberknocker it is. Wouldn't you, Ap?"

His fox faunus friend nodded in agreement, holding his hand near his mouth, speaking into his microphone. "Yep! You can just feel the intensity! All four girls seem to have their cards ready! But who will make the first move, I wonder?"

Weiss looked over at the two boys who were being weird as she then spoke up to mention their behaviour saying, "Uh, what are you guys doing?"

"Commentary, to give the game a bit more hype." Ky grinned.

"For what?"

"The audience," Aptus responded a smile. "Listen. Make some noise people!"

Out of nowhere, a unseen audience cheer loudly causing Weiss to look around shock. "Wha-? How?"

"Hmmmmm... All right!" Ruby exclaimed, pointing at Yang, "Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!"

"Bring it on!" Yang exclaimed, thrusting her elbow down as she balled her fist.

"Oh! It seems Rosebud has made her first!" Ky announced. "What attack could it be...?"

"I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet!" Ruby yelled, slapping her card down on the table. Yang feigned a look of shock. "Looks like I get to fly right over your Urasi and attack your walls directly!" she exclaimed, making noises like airplanes flying and bombing as she made a bird with her hands.

"You fiend!" Yang exclaimed, feigning indignance as she pointed at Ruby.

"And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn." Ruby said, ducking her head at one end of the table as she spoke, peaking her head up after finishing her statement. Yang laughed arrogantly, surprising Ruby.

"Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card!" Yang exclaimed, raising a card, causing Ruby to be visually disturbed.

"Whaaaa!?"

"Ohh, and just like that, Yang brings out her secret weapon!" Aptus exclaimed, causing the unseen audience to to gasp.

"Giant Nevermore!" Yang exclaimed, slamming the card in her hand down on the table, "If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!"

On the table, a little Nevermore was scene flying over a field of swords impaled in the ground as Yang spoke.

"But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!" Ruby stated, pointing at Yang. Back on the table, the Nevermore could be seen turning back toward Yang.