Kade is a distant friend of mine. If I can even call him a friend. We have some classes together which is all by luck. It’s actually been so long since I last talked to him. I think the last time that I did was last March on the last day of our finals for that one subject that I was taking with him.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked, confused at his call from absolutely out of nowhere.

“Hey Maxie, where are you?”

“Home. Why?” I quipped a brow even he can’t see it.

“Uhh… Nakapag-enroll ka na?” He asked which made me groan. He has to make me remember, doesn’t he?

“Nope. Why are you asking?”

“Yeah, I haven’t too. Thanks for asking.” He chuckled and I just pursed my lips. Kade cleared his throat when he realized I wasn’t responding to him in any way. “I wanna ask if you want to enroll with me? Same schedules and all.”

I blinked a few times. “You want to enroll with me?”

“Hey, you’re smart. I’ve worked with you a few times. I think this last year’s gonna mess with my brain so hard, and I kinda figured that you’ll make it more entertaining and bearable for me.”

“What am I, a clown?” I frowned and Kade chuckled.

“Come on, Maxie. You know you need me too. Paano na lang kung may projects? Group works? Who will be your study buddy? I can make your last year bearable too.”

I bit my lip. He’s got a point. It’s been hard having no friends. Mas mahirap din dahil takot ang iba na mag-approach sa akin. The only easy part in groupings is when the professors are the one who assigned it which is not most of the times. I hate doing works with partners too.

“Silence means I’m right. Can I pick you up now?”

I think Kade’s grinning like he won the lotto right now or something. I groaned, sounding a lot like I didn’t want the idea and I have no other choice—but in fact, I think I like the idea. Not being alone on my last year might be a good change. Kade’s okay. He’ll make a great companion. “Fine.”

“Don’t sound too happy.” Kade paused for a while. “Hey, maybe we’ll be best of friend’s right after this.”

“In your dreams, Savellano.” Kade just chuckled before dropping the call.

I waited for about half an hour bago makarating si Kade sa bahay. I forgot to give him an option that we could just meet in the campus to save time but it got lost in my mind somehow.

“Where are you going, Maxie?”

“Enroll lang po, My.” Mommy frowned.

“Oh yeah, Grant’s going to fetch you?” I grimaced.