f i v e

Liana's POV:
As Ethan walked me back to the house, my mind began to drift. I liked Ethan, hell I craved him. But I had only met him yesterday and I still had some doubts about all this werewolf stuff.

"Ethan?"

"Yeah?" He looked at me, narrowing his eyes.

My words faltered a bit, "What exactly is the mating and bonding thing? I'm sorry I yelled at you about it before, I was just scared."

He sighs loudly, rubbing a hand down his face, "It's so much more than what you think it is. Humans can't fathom the amount of love and trust that goes into a relationship. You already know about the um mating tradition. The thing you walked in on?"

I nod quickly. Of course I knew about what I walked in on.

"Well it's not supposed to have happened until the end of the month. We had to move it up because my dad got sick and my parents think I need a Luna before becoming the Alpha of the pack. If you had been a werewolf, we would've mated last night. But since you're human, you need to grow to trust someone and care about them. Once I saw you that was it, I was already in love with you. I'd die for you alright? You need to understand that."

And somehow I did. Somehow I understand that he'd die for me. But would I die for him?

"Thank you. Thank you for loving me without knowing me."

"I'd love to get to know you."

"Well what do you want to know?"

We walked into the room I was in earlier and I laid on the bed. Ethan laid beside me as we both laid straight making sure not to touch each other.

"Tell me more about you?"

"My full name is Liana Marie Summers. I'm nineteen. My favorite color is baby blue, favorite food is pineapple pizza of course."

"Pineapple pizza? I've never had it."

I look at him, shocked, "Are you serious? Pineapple pizza is the shit."

"We'll have to order it sometime."

"Really?" I turned towards him.

He turned over to meet my eyes. I watched his lips move as the words passed through them.

"If you love it, then I'm sure I will too."

I involuntarily licked my lips. I wonder what it'd be like to kiss him. His lips looked pretty plumped for a guy. Meeting his eyes, I sent a silent request. Could I kiss him? He took a deep breath and looked to my lips as well. Ethan moved my hair away from my neck and leaned in taking another deep breath. I closed my eyes as his lips met mine. It was a soft kiss, until it wasn't. He pulled me as close to him as I could get. We were breathing each other in for the first time, and I never wanted it to end. When I pulled away he just kissed down my jawline to my neck. I felt his teeth nipping my skin and I resisted the urge to moan. Knowing if I didn't pull away he'd mark me, I got up. He looked at me with an angry expression. I covered my neck with my hands.

"That's enough for now."

A look of remorse flashed across his face, before he stood up and walked out slamming the door. I fell back on the bed. God, why'd this have to be so hard for him? I turned over to stare out the window, my back towards the door.

"Dear?"

I look back at the sound of a voice. It was only Ethan's mother Lisa.

"Yes?"

"Why don't you come with me?"

I nod my head quickly, getting up to walk over to her. She smiles at me as I walk beside her. She brings me to this cottage about 2 miles away from the house.