chapter 19

One month has passed, and Kamal had tried his best throughout that period not to look at Fatima or even where she was. One day while they were in the room discussing how complicated girls were, Anas unexpectedly walked in."I've caught you guys today, so tell me, who is the girl you are talking about" Anas insisted."Should I tell him? Maybe he can offer you some advice which might help you" Peter asked Kamal."Yes you can tell him our story but don't disclose the girl's identity" Kamal replied and Anas laughed at him."Is okay, I'm listening" Anas assured.
After Peter told Anas about what happened between Fatima and Kamal, Anas looked at Kamal with a smile on his face."I think from my perception, that girl really loves you but is playing hard to get. She is trying to show you that she's not cheap like the regular girls you are talking to, and wants to see if you if you really love her enough to stay and fight for her or you are just a play boy. And if she talks to another boy in your presence, she probably doing that to make you jealous" Anas announced."Wow! Really?" Kamal asked with a disbelieve."But I never once said I love her" Kamal added."Girls aren't as stupid as you are thinking, they can also sense it when you love them" Anas laughed."You see, I told you not to give up" Peter said.
The next day after class hours, Kamal decided he will try talking to Fatima. He waited for the usual time when everyone had left. He saw her coming with her friends and he waited for them by the road side."Excuse me Fatima, I need to talk to you" Kamal said when they got close to him. Fatima continued walking and did not even turn to look at him."He's talking to you" Maryam stopped her by grapping her hand."I was called by our chemistry teacher so I can't waste my time here with you" she replied and tried to walk away again."Please listen to him Fatima, he hasn't done anything wrong" Maryam said as she grabbed her hand again."Okay I'm listening to you" she said while folding her arms and her friends moved further leaving her with Kamal."I'm sorry for walking away from you the other time" Kamal apologized."Okay apology accepted" She said with her arms still folded without even looking at where Kamal was. When Kamal noticed that she turned her back towards him he decided to do something about it."Look, there is a lizard close to you leg" Kamal shouted with his eyes widen. She shouted and jumped away from her position."Where is it?" She asked looking scared. Kamal started laughing out so loudly."I didn't know that you such a scared baby" Kamal teased."Oh really? And I didn't know you are such a naughty kid" she replied and walked away from Kamal. Her friends who were watching them were also laughing at her. They started teasing her as they walked away, but she kept pretending that she doesn't like such kind of things.
It was three days to their mid-term break. After class hours, Kamal and Sarah walked out of their class and waited for Peter. Several minute had passed but he hasn't appeared. They saw a boy who was in the same class with Peter and asked him where Peter was."He's in the clinic since morning" the boy replied. Kamal and Sarah went to the clinic, they asked the record keeper of the clinic for the record book. After he gave them the book, they checked for which room Peter was and found out that he was in the last room on the first floor. They went to the room and found Peter laying on the clinic bed."What happened to you Peter?" Kamal anxiously asked."It was a serious headache" Peter replied."How are you feeling now?" Sarah asked."I'm feeling much better now" Peter responded."Oh I wish you a fast recovery" said she."Let me go to the hostel, I have something to do there" she added, and she left Peter and Kamal in the clinic."Let me go to the mosque and pray" Kamal said."Okay, I will also be leaving soon because I feel much better now" Peter replied.
On Kamal's way out of the clinic, he met with Maryam who was  coming into the clinic."Hey I want to thank you for Yesterday" Kamal said to her."Thank me? For what?" She asked."If not for you, Fatima wouldn't have spoken to me yesterday" Kamal explained."Oh that's not a problem" she blushed."So will you do me a favour?" Kamal requested."What can I do for you?" She asked."Will you please give me Fatima's phone number?" Kamal demanded."I know she will never give me if I ask her myself, so you are my only hope" Kamal explained."Okay can I have your pen?" She requested. After Kamal gave her the pen, she wrote down the  phone number on a paper and gave him."Thank you Maryam, I'm so grateful for you help" Kamal appreciated.
In the evening, Peter was discharged from the clinic. On their way back to the hostel, Kamal told Peter that he's gotten Fatima's phone number."Wow! Really? Did she gave you herself?" Peter asked with astonishment."No I know she won't give me if I ask her directly, so I ask her friend instead" Kamal replied."You are such a genius Kamal, do you intend to call her when we go on break?" Peter inquired."No I don't intend on calling her. It will be awkward for both of us if I call her. Instead, I plan to message her on whatsapp, her friend said she does chat on whatsapp" Kamal announced."But you don't chat on whatsapp" Peter realised."And who said I'm not going to start" Kamal said and Peter laughed.