eleven | angry coach & switzerland

Start bij het begin

I heard Luis sigh. He still remained silent. I frown formed on my face.

"Believe who ever you want, Luis. Some day, you'll find out the truth," he walked faster, and I stopped. Of course he wouldn't believe me. He's head over heels for Connie.

With few seconds left in the game, Coach had me on the ice in place of Jesse who was sent to the box for cross-checking.

Switzerland had the puck. We were winning, 6-2.

As a Swiss player came towards Goldberg, I sneakily snagged the puck from him and sped down the ice.

I saw a player come near me. I quickly stuck my arm out and pushed them back. Everyone was coming for me, and yet again, I had no help.

"Come on, Connie! Help her! Get open!" I heard Coach Bombay yell.

The only person making an effort was Adam. He quickly skated in front of me and pushed players left and right so I could get a good shot.

I got closer and closer to the goal. I let the puck glide to my left once I got to the goalie. He horridly went to block that side, so I hit the puck to my right.

The goalie dropped his stick, so I skated to the side and quickly took my shot.

"Bingo!" I shouted. I looked at Adam who I could tell wanted to give me a hug, but I wouldn't let him. He sent me a wink instead.

The game was finally over.

Dean was full of rage when it came to me. Why, I wasn't sure but he hates my guts. He'd probably beat Adam up if he even came near me.

I gave Adam a smile.

"Thanks for being the only one who cares to help me," I told him. He returned the smile and nodded.

"The others are dipshits," he said. I let out a laugh. When we got closer to the bench, we could hear coach yelling.

"Every game, you guys!" He angrily yelled, "were all having a talk in the locker room."

He threw the papers in his hand down. Everyone followed him as he stormed off of the ice. Before I left, I grabbed his papers and quickly caught up with the rest.

I made it to the locker room, exhausted, tired and thirsty. I set Coach's papers on his desk.

I walked over to my locker and I threw my helmet, my gloves and my jersey in there, the let my hair out of its low messy bun and ran my sweaty hands through it.

I took a seat on the bench, still alone, and waited for Coach.

Seconds later he stormed in.

"Why does no one ever help Foster?" He asked us, his voice full of rage. The locker room was dead silent, "I'm tired of it!"

Silent again. I felt eyes on me, but I kept my view at my feet.

"She's not the only one on this team. You guys need to step up and help her on the ice," he added.

"Well, she's good enough," Connie sassily spoke up, "she can do it herself."

I let out a deep breath and slightly rolled my eyes. I placed my elbows on my thighs and bent over.

"Connie, watch it," Coach snapped, "Foster is an amazing player. You all are, and all of you need help on the ice no matter what. She is no different from any of you, and she plays the game, just like you. We all need to act as a team and help each other out."

With that, he stormed back out of the locker room. It was still silent.

"See, I told you she's done it with Coach. Did you hear the way he stuck up for her?" Now it was Julie talking. I felt hurt. Really hurt.

I didn't bother saying anything. I decided to just get up from the bench, and to try my best to get the hell out of the locker room.

I managed to before everyone else. I ran to the bus, sat in the back, and just cried and cried.

Ken was the first one on the bus. He immediately walked to where I was sitting in the back and took a seat beside me. He wrapped me in a tight hug to comfort me.

I rested my head on his shoulder and continued to cry. I heard others get on the bus, but I just ignored them. I was sick of this team. I've never been treated like this in my entire life.

Why do people even have to act that way?