Chapter 25: Cages

Start from the beginning

But my smile suddenly faded when I heard two gunshots and both Daniel and (y/n) fall backwards and hit the ground. "Daniel? (Y/n)?" I called out to them but they don't move. "(Y/N)! DANIEL!" I screamed in fear.

No, no, no, no! This can't be happening!! We're sooo close! I thought as I run over to them. "Guys! Please talk to me! (Y/n)! Daniel! Talk to me!" I screamed, frantically, as I shake them and noticed, as I pull my hand away which was covered in blood, there was a graze on Daniel's arm and and a bullet hole on (y/n)'s shoulder.

"No! No! Not now! (Y/n)! Daniel!" I shout but then I hear an engine of another vehicle coming. I stand up and see a truck pulling up near me. "Hey! Who are you?!" I asked them, angrily, as a woman jumps out of the back of the truck and an old man comes out of the driver's side.

"Did you shoot my brother and my girlfriend?!" I shouted, as the woman comes up to me and hits me across the face with the butt of her gun. I shout in pain then fall over then she moves me on my front and holds me down as the old man goes to Daniel and (y/n).

"Oh shit, Madison! I told you it was fucking kids." The man said. "GET OFF OF ME! GET OFF OF ME!!" I screamed, angrily, as the woman, Madison, holds my head down. "Well, are they..." she asked the old man as he looks them over. "That's my brother and my girlfriend!" I screamed, frantically.

"They're okay....bullet just grazed him and the second bullet did enter her shoulder but it's gone clean through." The man said as I struggled under the woman's grip. "Let me go!" I shouted then the woman pulls my arm back against my back. "Do NOT move if you wanna keep that arm! Comprende?" She asked me and I stopped. "Keep an eye on the wall. These fuckers blew it up so their friends can cross." She said as the old man gets up and leaves. "Daniel! (Y/n)!" I plead, tearfully, but still they don't move.

"So what's the plan, huh? I bet there's a dozen more coming  through, right?" She asked me. "No! We're leaving!! Going to Mexico, I swear!" I shouted at her. "Wait, wait--you're trying to break in to Mexico?" She said, confused, before she let's out a laugh. "That's fucking funny." She said. 

"We're Americans! Americans, damn it!" I yelled. "Now, it's not legal to blow up walls. That's called terrorism. You get it?" She said. "Do we look like terrorists? We're just kids!" I exclaimed. "Not after you blow a wall up...So, tell me the plan!" She demanded. "You're not cops! You can't arrest us!" I said. "No, but we work with 'em and they sure appreciate our help!" She said just as I heard another set of footsteps.

"Looks like no one's coming for now." The man said as he goes over to Daniel and (y/n). "Anyway, don't waste your energy. I bet the Border Patrol has a big plan for you, mister..." she sneers at me. "Madison, come on! We have to deal with these two." The guy said as he places his hand on Daniel and looks him over. "No! Don't touch them!" I plead just as I hear another car coming. "Get off..." I cried and Madison takes my other arm and puts it behind my back.

"Don't move!" She ordered me as I hear her putting handcuffs on me. "Wha--what the fuck?" I asked just as I hear sirens and Madison places some sort of blindfold over my eyes. "Get it off! Stop!" I cried as I hear the car pull up and another set of footsteps. "Jesus! What the fuck is going on?!" A new man's voice asked. "Wha--Where's Spencer?" Madison asked, angrily. "He's off duty today, why?" The second guy asked.

"Listen, uh, we have a deal, he knows--" Madison said before the second guy talks over him. "Yeah, I heard about this crap. Not happening anymore." The second guy said. "Come on, Maddie. Do what the officer says..." The old man said to her then I hear footsteps before the officer speaks.

"Fuck! How old are they?" He asked. "They're all right, officer, don't worry--" the old man said, trying to assure the officer. "Shut it! You're both coming with me to the station." The officer said. "What? Are you kidding?!" Maddison asked, angrily. "They're illegals!" Maddison screams. "Fuck sake! What I'd say?!" The officer shouts then it went silent until I heard some more footsteps coming towards me.