Chapter 9: Christmas Market

"(Y/n)....(y/n)..." I hear Sean say. I groan as I turn over in my bed. "(Y/n)..." Sean said and I open my eyes to look up at him. "Sean? What's wrong?" I asked. "Daniel went over to the neighbor's house. We gotta go." He said and I quickly sit up. "Oh shit." I muttered as I get up and grab my clothes and head to the bathroom to change.

I get out of the bathroom and head down the stairs to see Sean standing by the door. "You ready?" I asked him as I grab my jacket. "Yeah." He replied after he puts on his shoes.

He opens the door and let's me through first. "Such a gentleman." I said as I wall through the door. He follows me and shuts the door.
"Alright, let's go get the little munchkin." I said and we walk out in the snowy grounds.
"Why does Daniel never listen...Maybe I'm too soft with him..." he mutters and I look over at him. "I know it's frustrating, Sean. But, in all honesty, he hasn't really interacted with anyone his age in over a month. He's only talked to us and your grandparents, so I understand him wanting to hang out with someone his age." I said as we come upon Chris's house.

We enter from the front door to see Chris is levitating his toys in the air, Daniel, who has painted his face, subtly controlling the toys with his hand. "Daniel? What is going on here?!" Sean exclaims, angrily, and the toys drop to the ground. "Sean! (Y/n)! Wait! Don't freak out! I can explain!" Daniel said, in fear. "Let me tell them..." Chris said to Daniel before he looks over at us. "Sean and (y/n), I know it sounds crazy...but...I have a superpower. You two saw me yesterday...I know you did. I was flying! I can move things...objects...with my mind!" Chris said while Sean crosses his arms and stares at Daniel, who tries to avoid eye contact.

"Oh! A superpower...Really?" I asked and Chris smiles. "YES!" He said and Sean and I glance at each other. "Well...that's pretty cool, Chris..." I said, smiling. "So you're like a superhero?" Sean asked him. "I'm Captain Spirit! I can bend any matter to my will! But that's my secret identity, so you two can't tell anybody!" Chris said as Sean and I look at Daniel. "Oh, we can keep a secret, Captain Spirit..." Sean said.

"Now you two are official members of the Spirit Squad! If you two betray us, I'll disintegrate both of you! Nah, just kidding." Chris said then he stands up. "Oh yeah, we need a...Team signal!" He said and he crosses his arms across in front of him.
"Totally! I'm gonna be...Superwolf!" Daniel said as he crosses his arms and stands up. "What's your super name, Sean?"

"How about...The Silver Runner? Cool, right?" Sean said after he thinks for a moment. "Not bad! That's true you're a great runner..." Daniel said then he turns to me. "What about you, (y/n)?" He asked. I think for a moment of a name and said. "Well, I was really into magic shows and reading fantasy books when I was younger. So...How about....The Mystic Lass?" 

"Ooohh, sounds mysterious." Daniel said and I smiled just as Chris's dad walks out of the bathroom. "Okay guys, I think we're ready to roll..." he said then he noticed Sean and I. "Uh, excuse me...Who are you two?" He asked as he walks up to us. "I'm Sean." Sean said as he and Chris's dad shake hands. "And I'm (y/n)." I said as I shake his hand as well. "Oh yeah, sorry, man...You're here for Daniel. Hey, let's make it official. I'm Charles Eriksen." He said. "Nice to meet you." Sean and I said.

"Hope you guys know that Daniel and Chris are a dangerous team...We'd better watch out, or they're gonna take over the world..." Charles said. "Yeah...They share a lot of things...As thick as thieves..." Sean said to him. "Can we go get the Christmas tree now? We're both ready to fly!" Chris asked. "Yes, yes, yes...the team has been waiting too long! You two should come along too. There's nothing going on over here..." Charles said to Sean and I.

"YES! Can't wait to see all the decorations! And Sean! We could buy Christmas presents for Grandma and Grandpa...!" Daniel said as he looks over at Sean. He and I exchange looks and I shrug at his. "Uh...Okay...Sure...we'll go with you guys..." Sean said and the two boys' faces light up.
"Really? Yeaaaah!" Chris exclaims, excitedly.
"Cool!" Daniel shouts.