🎄 Deck The Halls 🎄

👼🏻👼🏻👼🏻

Adrien woke up the next morning confused, unfamiliar with his surroundings. He heard a muffled voice singing somewhere outside of the room. A wondrous smell followed after which made his mouth water and stomach growl in hunger.

That's when all the memories hit him from last night. He was stuck with a Christmas-loving family all because of a blizzard. The green-eyed male staggered out of bed and quietly opened the door with a slight squeak. The singing became clear as a cloudless sky and much to his displeasure, so was the song.

The blonde followed the smell of food and the sound of jolly singing down the hallway. While walking, he couldn't help but admit that whoever was singing has a really nice voice.

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la..."

Adrien peeked around the corner and was surprised to find the shy girl from yesterday. She was dancing around the kitchen with a giant smile on her face and singing. What was her name again? Martha? Malory? Mary? Mandi? Margret?

"Yeah, I think it's Margret," Adrien thought.

"'' Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la..."

Without thinking, Adrien stepped out from his hiding spot as the bluenette continued to sing.

"Don we now our gay apparel,
Fa la la la la, la la la-"

"Good morning, Margret-"

"-AH" the frightened girl yelped, clumsily tripping over air and fell onto the floor. The pan she just took out of the oven, filled with freshly-baked muffins, went flying.

   The pan hit the floor with a loud clank. The muffins rained down and hit the floor with a slight bounce or landed on the embarrassed young woman with a red face.

   "I'm so sorry," Adrien quickly apologized, helping Marinette off of the floor. The bluenette felt her heart rapidly speed up to speeds unknown to man. She shyly stepped away and looked anywhere that wasn't Adrien, her hands messing with the bottom of her shirt.

   "I-It's al-alright. E-Everything's da-dandy," Marinette stuttered, mentally groaning in her head. She knelt down and began to pick up the muffins off of the floor. Adrien joined her since it was his fault in the first place and felt guilty for scaring her. Marinette glanced over at the man before picking up another muffin.

"S-So, do y-you and yo-your f-family have any C-Christmas traditions?" The woman asked, throwing the breakfast food in the trash can. Adrien held back an eye roll at the thought of his empty apartment and distant family.

   "No," The blonde answered, grimly before throwing away the muffins he picked up. Marinette paused for a moment to look at Adrien before going to the closet to fetch a broom.

   She was a little nervous to ask the next question, "W-What do you d-do o-on Christmas t-then?"

   "Treat it like any other day," Adrien said, a little annoyed. Before Marinette could ask any more questions, the blonde continued, "Can you please stop being nosy? It's getting really annoying."