~1~

It was Christmas Eve on the Aronax, the sub slowly surfaced revealing the night sky. Small white speckles fell from the sky standing out from the dark sky above. A few clouds hid some of the moon's light but some gentle rays making it past reflecting of the Aronax's window.

"Mom... please can we stay up, just a little bit longer! Please!" Ant begged doing his puppy eyes wanting to continue with his project.

"Ant for the the last time, No!" Kaiko replied sternly as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Come on Ant, give your mother a break" Will chuckled.

"Ok fine, how come Fontaine gets to stay up" he added trailing off at the end into a mumble.

Both Kaiko and Will sighed as Ant grudgingly left the room. There attention turned to the small snowflakes falling gently and melting on the Aronax's hull.

"Snow, it hasn't snowed on Christmas in like forever" Kaiko smiled watching them slowly fall.

Fontaine was in her room with her headphones on tapping her door at the rhythm. Mumbling lyrics to the song as she stunned her guitar. As she glanced over to the clock, her eyes widened, 10 o clock. She took her headphones of and placed her guitar aside on the bed as she made her way to the bridge. She caught Will and Kaiko standing looking out at the window.

"Hey Mom, Dad" Fontaine said attracting their attention.

"Could you go check on your brother," Kaiko asked in a gentle tone as turned around.

Fontaine frowned but reluctantly left the bridge and headed for Ant's room. As she tried pushing the door it would not budge.

She managed to make a small gap which she could look into the room. In front of the door were piles of books, stacked up on top of each other. Fontaine grumbled as she pushed herself against the door.

"Woah!" She exclaimed as the door suddenly opened causing her to stumble in.

"You could have just knocked" Ant laughed as Fontaine sat up of the floor.

"Why is your room so messy!"

"For you it seems messy, but for me it's perfectly organised"

"Right, your meant to be asleep anyway"  Fontaine added snatching the comic in his hands away.

"But..." Ant began.

"Kids, come to the bridge, we've got a transmission"

"Yes!" Ant exclaimed a huge grin spread on his face.

"Ugh, come on Ant" Fontaine complained as the door opened.

"So your saying you saw a black submarine?" Kaiko questioned the captain of the salvage ship, who's cargo had been stolen.

"Did it happen to have a white skull on it?" Will guessed crossing his arms.

"Yes... how did you know" Captain Adonis asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Don't worry Captain Adonis, we will find your cargo, was there anything valuable on it?" Kaiko reaussured glancing over to Will.

"They were ancient treasures, for the new museum in Australia"

Captain Adonis chuckled "I can always count on you Nektons"

The screen flickered of as Adonis cut the transmission.

"What happened?" Ant asked as he ran into the bridge with Fontaine close behind.

"A cargo from a salvage ship has been stolen by a black submarine with a skull on it, any guess?" Will smiled sitting down in his seat.

"Great, now for Christmas we are probably going to spend the entire day looking for pirates" Fontaine complained glumly sitting on her chair frowning.

"Fontaine plot a course for the western coast of Australia" Kaiko responded as she pushed the controls forward.

The Aronax dived under the waves melting the speckles of snow that had started to settle on the hull of the Aronax.

"Great!" Fontaine complained again her nose flaring.