006

'WRONG NUMBER'

chapter six

˚ ༘ ➳ *: ・✩゚:* ៚ · *·˚ ༘ ⁂

lexi

i was sitting in the living room while the rest of my family was somewhere else in the house. i jump when i hear a knock at the door, but i jump up knowing that it's the pizza guy. i answer the door.

"hey! here's your pizza." the boy says.

"thanks." i say with a smile, and i take the box from him.

"that will be $17.74." he says.

"can i pay with a credit card?" i ask.

"yeah." he responds.

"okay, i'll be right back with my card." i say.

"okay." he says.

i run into the kitchen placing the food on the island. i run up to my room searching for my credit card. i had found it pretty quickly and then ran back down stairs to the front.

"sorry that it took a little while." i say, a little out of breath.

"oh, it's fine. don't worry about it." he says.

he hands me a machine to put my card in to pay. once i'm done paying i hand the machine back to him and then he leaves, heading back to the delivery truck. i shut the front door, locking it and going into the kitchen. i get plates and cups out for all of us.

"dinner!" i yell to my family.

they all come out from wherever they were and they grab their drinks. they place them at their spots and then they grab a piece of pizza. they place them on their plates and then sit down. we start eating. after we all finish we clean up and head back to the games.

later that night

it was about 10:30 and a ton of games later. we had just finished game night. the score was 16-14, me and my mom winning. paige and my dad could care less so it didn't really matter that we had won, but my mom took bragging rights to her advantage.

we put all the games away and clean the living room up. i then head up to my room. i plop onto to my bed and just lay there. i then grab a towel and head into the bathroom. after i finish my shower i put some sweatpants and a tank top on.

i make my way back to my room and then text daniel to ask him if he wants to talk.

daniel

i get a text from lexi and she had asked me if i wanted to talk. me and the boys were watching a movie, but i really wanted to talk with lexi. they all must have noticed because they were all looking at me.

"just go." corbyn says to me.

"tell her you like her." jonah says to me.

i get up off the couch and run up to my bedroom. i text her back sure and then i receive an incoming facetime call from her. i answer almost immediately. we had talked for a while.

"oh i forgot to ask you early, but what did the boys want earlier? and how much trouble did you get in?" she says, and i laugh at her last sentence.

"oh, i didn't get in any trouble. we were actually talking about the tour we have coming up." i say lying to her.

i feel bad for lying, but i can't just say 'yeah we were actually talking about you and how much i like you and want you to be my girlfriend'.

we talk for a little bit longer and then i decide to tell her. i was about to tell her that i liked her. i could feel the butterflies in my stomach now and hands were starting to sweat. i rub my hands on my sweatpants and take a deep breath.

i start making up scenarios in my head of how this will go. it can really only go two ways. she likes me back and we start dating, or she doesn't and we never talk again. i want the first one.

"hey lex, i've been meaning to tell you something for the past few days." i say, my breath is a little shaky.

"yeah. what is it?" she says.

"well... i don't know how tell you." i say.

"what is it. just tell me." she says.

i sit there quietly. i want to tell her but my body won't let. it was like my anxiety took over and it wasn't letting me talk.

"pleaseeeee. just tell me." she says in a pleading voice.

i still sit there quietly building up the strength to tell her. i've never been like this before and i don't know lexi is making me feel this way. after sitting there for fifteen seconds in silence i decide to finally tell her.

"i like you." i say in a whisper, hoping that she didn't hear me.

i could tell that she heard me because she was just staring at me. she sat there for a couple of seconds and then the facetime call ended and my phone went back to the home screen.

˚ ༘ ➳ *: ・✩゚:* ៚ · *·˚ ༘ ⁂

vote + comment

instagram

↳ holy_sweet_jesus

💫🪐✨🌙