5

Lisa's POV

We strolled through the bustling corridors of the university, Rosie's lively voice reverberating in my ears. "Check out our lovely cafeteria," she exclaimed, a hint of jest in her tone. "It's always a mess, but hey, that's what the janitors are there for, right?" I managed to keep a cool facade, concealing the nerves that churned inside me. We had been exploring the campus for a good thirty minutes now, and Rosie's non-stop chatter showed no signs of slowing down.

"And the food, oh boy!" she continued, brimming with enthusiasm. "It's absolutely to die for. I can never resist their juicy burgers, and don't even get me started on the pastries... they're pure heaven." Her eyes twinkled with delight as she nostalgically reminisced about the mouthwatering treats offered by the cafeteria.

Growing a tad impatient, I summoned the courage to ask, "Are we almost done?" It might have been a bit impolite, but I had no other choice. Revealing my true intentions was out of the question, and being around the student council president felt like tiptoeing on thin ice, with a loaded gun pointed right at my own head.

With a casual shrug, Rosie replied, "No worries if we're a bit late. We can always use that as an excuse, right?" As we had we were in the car earlier, I had taken the chance to look up some school-related info. It clearly stated that punctuality was a virtue to embrace, a habit that shouldn't be brushed aside.

"Can you just give me my schedule?" I asked, trying to catch her attention. Impatience tinged my voice, as I was eager to get things moving.

" Who's the student council president?" She probed asked.

"You?" I responded with Rosie having a knowing smile, her gaze locked on me.

"That's right... so who's got the upper hand?" She asked, making me sigh out.

"You seem a bit distant, Lisa. Relax a little, I promise I'm not some evil mastermind," Rosie reassured me, her words triggering a flood of data related to her in my mind. It was like she was directly uploading information into my brain. Mental note: I should definitely talk to Oppa about this mind-boggling ability later. I'd discovered that people's kindness could sometimes be a front, a trap set for those they disliked. Being cautious was crucial, and I intended to keep my guard up. "Come on now, I'll take you to your class... but hey, don't be afraid to let loose," she added, her tone gentle and soothing, causing an instant save of her profile in my mental database. Together, we went down the hallway, missing students who were tucked away in their classrooms. Rosie paused next to a door and gave it a firm knock, which swung open after a few moments, revealing a young woman peering curiously at us.

"Ah, Ms. Lee, this is Lisa, the new student; I just gave her a tour," she said, her voice carrying a casual tone. I offered a slight bow, prompting a smile from the teacher. "Lisa, meet Ms. Lee, also a new teacher," she introduced. "I'll leave you with her now, Ms. Lee. Sorry for interrupting the class."

"No problem, Rosie," Ms. Lee responded politely. She turned her attention to me, still wearing a smile. "Lalisa Manoban, right?" she asked, her smile widening as I nodded. "I'm friends with Jiyong and Dara. They told me to look out for you," she added, causing my eyes to widen in surprise.

"Really?" I exclaimed, unable to contain my astonishment.

"It's pretty crazy to see you in person," she said, her smile growing even wider. "Come on in," she gestured, stepping aside to allow me to enter the classroom. As I made my way to the front, Ms. Lee instructed me to stand in front of the entire class. I could feel the eyes of everyone in the room on me as I scanned for familiar faces. And there she was, deliberately avoiding my gaze. Whispers began to ripple through the students, their eyes fixed on me, but I maintained a composed expression, not letting their curiosity shake me.

"This is our new student, please introduce yourself," Ms. Lee said.

"My name is Lalisa Manoban," I said briefly, but the entire class fell silent as I spoke. I turn to face Ms. Lee, who looks at me as if she expects me to say more, but I think she understands that I want to keep it brief for my own sake.

"Ms. Manoban, please take a seat right beside the window," she said, indicating a seat directly in front of Jennie's. I hope she doesn't get upset with me. I nodded and began walking, while people continued to gossip.

"She's pretty."

"Both the new teacher and the student are attractive."

"She appears to not really want to talk, though."

"She's cute."

As I sit down, I hear a lot of chatter. I noticed the guy on my side staring down at me, so I turned my head, and 7 guys on my row literally waved at me in unison while smiling.

"Hello, new student!" said the guy next to me, so I just smiled and nodded.

"New student, you look cool," one of them said, but he got a warning from Ms. Lee and had to shut up. I look out the window as Ms. Lee speaks, and I hear Jennie talking to the guy next to her something about lunch. Students appear to be a lot of fun to be around. I'm also glad Oppa let me out to see what it's like to be a human, and I'm having a great time so far.

"Ms. Kim, why are you late?" I looked up and saw Jisoo, Dara Unnie's sister, walking in and she seems unconcerned about being late because she walks in as if she's too early. She stood up straight, bowed, and apologized to Ms. Lee... Jisoo does seem to be cool.

"Kim Jisoo!!" yelled the guy on my side, prompting Ms. Lee to turn around and glare at him, but I noticed Jisoo smirking. When she saw me, she motioned for the guy sitting next to me to get out of her seat. "Ya Kim Jisoo, I'd like to befriend our new classmate."

"Ya Youngjae, Lisa is my friend, get out of that seat now," she said, forcing the guy to stand, but he didn't seem to like it. "Good thing we're classmates," Jisoo said, nodding and smiling. Jisoo, like her sister, is a great person.

The class continues, and Jisoo sits right next to me, holding her phone. People's phones, also seem to be very interesting.

"Didn't Oppa give you a phone?" she asks, noticing that I'm looking at her phone as well, so I just shake my head. "Let's go out later after school... let's go with Jendeukie," she turns her head to look at Jennie who's sitting behind me.  "Jendeukie let's go out with Lisa later"

"Who's Lisa? I don't know anyone with that name," she asked as I kept my gaze fixed on the table in front of me.

"Jendeukie cmon," she says.

"No thank you if you're talking about that scrap right next to you," she said. I was starting to worry that people would find out because she called me that.

"Did you seriously call someone a piece of trash?" a guy whose voice and face I didn't recognize said, shocked because he was sitting right next to Jennie.

"Don't come if you don't want to, Jennie, but stop talking shit," Jisoo said, turning her head slightly to possibly glare at the guy next to Jennie.

"Lisa, we'll go with you," one of the seven friends said, so I asked if that was okay, and Jisoo nodded.