1

"Lucas, check the back," Jiyong said as he examined his laptop. The entire room is covered in metals, with tables and tools strewn about. Some soda cans and pizza cartons lying around, indicating how busy the engineers are.

"Hyung, we just need some more wires here so we can connect it to each other," Lucas replied, his hair untidy, "I'll go buy one," he continued, making Jiyong nod. Lucas went outside and opened the door to the garage, while Jiyong stood there staring at the nearly finished human robot they'd been working on for at least three years. Lucas joined him when he was just getting started, and because he saw a lot of potential in the younger man, he let him work with him, which comes in very handy for him.

"Lalisa, you have to work now because we've been trying you out for years and you keep shutting down all of a sudden, and we have our own jobs and we're kinda putting you at the top of our list. It's not good for us because we're losing clients, so if you don't work, we're going to keep you on hold for years," he said, as if the robot could hear him. Basically, Lucas and Jiyong mostly talk to the robot when they're stressed and don't want to share their feelings with anyone else because the robot feels like something they worked hard for and is already very close to them despite the fact that it's just a piece of metal. Jiyong walked out of the room to get some water when he noticed Jennie and Dara at the kitchen table, essentially discussing Jennie's school.

"Where have you been?" Dara inquired of her boyfriend, as she had been awake since 7 a.m. and it appeared that her boyfriend had gotten out of bed very early yet again to work on the robot.

"Working," he said quickly, kissing the top of Dara's head and walking over to Jennie to greet his younger sister.

"You're working nonstop, Oppa," Jennie says, unaware that Jiyong is working on something she is uninformed of. It's essentially a secret between Lucas, Jiyong, and Dara, and no one else is aware of it.

"That's why I give you everything you want, right?" he asked softly.

"But I'm already getting paid for my modeling, so you don't have to give me much," Jennie said to her big brother.

"You're still my sister Jennie, so whether you like it or not, I'll give you money so you can save the money you're getting from modeling," he said as he grabbed two bottles of water. Jennie knows her brother works with Lucas, who lives a few blocks away, and that Lucas sometimes sleeps at his brother's office because they work so late, but Jiyong never lets Jennie go down to his office. "Where's Jisoo?" he inquires.

"Stayed up late again playing video games," Dara said, referring to her younger sister. Dara, Jiyong, Jennie, and Jisoo live in the same house as a family. All of their parents are now deceased, and when Dara and Jiyong began dating, they considered living under the same roof, but the problem was their siblings, but when Jisoo and Jennie met, they became as comfortable with each other as sisters.

"Unnie, tell Jisoo not to play later because it's Monday tomorrow," Jennie said, making Dara nod. They talked for a few minutes before Jiyong heard a motorcycle parked on the garage and excused himself, walking back to his office. Lucas entered, taking off his helmet and laying the wire on the table.

"I'll do it, hyung," he said, grabbing the wires and walking towards the back of the robot while Jiyong looked at him. Jiyong does seem to be very proud of the younger man in front of him. He worked so hard to establish himself. His parents are both doctors and are frequently needed at the hospital, so they chose to live somewhere closer, but Lucas studied so hard and became an engineer at such a young age just so he could make a name for himself and live on his own using his own money. He lives on a penthouse a few blocks away, but Jiyong bought a bed for him down at his office so he can spend the night if he wants.

"Hyung, let's try," he says, jolting Jiyong out of his daydream. He walks towards his computer cluster, which is essentially tracking the robot's data base and its entire life. He turned on the computer and told Lucas to turn on the robot's button as well. He turned it on right inside the nape and immediately closed it, making it appear to be a normal human neck with no indication of being a robot. Lucas stood right next to Jiyong, looking at the robot, which was about to start but then turned off.

"Fuck," Jiyong exclaimed, disappointed.

"Hyung, let's try again," Lucas said persistently because he wanted it to work so badly. Jiyong looked at Lucas and saw how badly he wanted it to work, so he nodded and looked back at the computer as he tried refreshing it, knowing that it could be a glitch. He pressed the power button again, and the same thing happened. The robot just flinches but doesn't work because it keeps shutting down.

"We can't do anything," Jiyong admitted.

"Why don't we move her off her platform?" Lucas suggested. Because it requires low-level heat, the robot charges itself while on the platform.

"Won't she behave differently?" Jiyong wondered.

"We put some data on her, hyung, and we basically just put a small data so she can have some knowledge but not to the point where people will question it," Lucas said, and when Jiyong didn't say anything, he took it as him saying yes, so he walked up to the platform and carried the robot down next to them. They worked hard to keep the robot from weighing like a normal human so that no one would suspect anything from her, so she basically looks like a normal human except for her stunning physical features. Jiyong sighed and pressed the button again, and this time the robot's eyes opened and blinked while looking at them.

"Android 0327. Data base input loading. Defective parts scanning. 100% battery level"