Chapter 13

That Saturday was faster than the wind. There was a whirlwind of activities prior to that day, but all that occupied Daisy's mind was this one activity because later that day, her accountant had called her and told her that someone in the name of Santiago had deposited a whooping sum of money into her account.

It mesmerized her that someone who she wasn't related to and hadn't made any physical impression on would be showing her so much kindness. Even Amanda thought it was simply surreal. Which is why even though anything by any chance comes up that would make her not attend the ball, she would rather forfeit it than miss meeting this man.

The only thing that scares her is that she is likely to meet Ethan today at the ball. His family was one of Americans' most influential people and it is not impossible that such activity would take place and his family won't be represented. Since he has the fortune of being here, it is imperative that he attends. Still better than that hawk of his mother, she supposed.

Her phone vibrated and she spared it glance. It was Mandy.

"Hey, Mandy," She coursed, running the lipgloss through her lips and smacking it together for evenness.

"Hey..."

"Don't tell me you are ready?"

"Far from it..." She smacked her lips-a behavior she displays when she is reluctant to say something, "I don't think I can be able to go..."

"What! Babe, why?" Daisy was alarmed. She hardly knows this man and won't be happy to be left alone at the mercy of maybe even a serial killer who entices women with big dreams.

"I'm sorry. Becky woke up this morning with a huge headache and I can't leave her just like that. I can come pick Daniel and Ella while you are gone."

Daisy exhaled. Anything that had to do with Becky, she has learned not to stress it. Now she would be left to handle this huge event on her own. "Fine... How is she?"

"Gave her some aspirin, now left for it to kick off. I would be there in ten minutes to pick the dudes..."

"Okay... because I will need you to check me out too," Daisy affirmed and dropped the phone.

She rounded up her makeup and went to pick up the red gown from the bed where she had it out initially. Twice she brought out the gown, and twice she attempted dropping it back. It was too alluring and with her kind of body, might draw too much attention to her. However, that's the whole point, right? She was a renowned fashion designer and her work should show for it. So, she's going to rock it!

She wore it and went to the mirror and instantly started purring. It was even more exquisite when worn. The intricate sparkles became prominent and the curve of her waist made it more seductive. God, she hoped the press wouldn't notice her tonight.

And most especially that bastard! He hasn't pestered her for the last few days and she was almost believing he had regained his senses and left her alone. That's what he is, a loser. He couldn't even fight enough for her forgiveness and had run off. It relives her as well as irked her. All the same, all that matters is this night and she has to nail it!

The door opened and closed downstairs and she knew Amanda was here. Her son's screech proved it.

Two minutes later, her door swung open. "Damn!" Amanda careened. "If you weren't my best friend now, I might just have some mushy on you, "she commented and Daisy started laughing.

"You are an ant!"

"I know, seriously, girl, this gown is gorgeous. That man must have an eye on his head to pick this."

"Maybe he asked someone that has an eye to pick it. It doesn't necessarily mean he did it himself. He knows I'm a fashionista and had to impress me." Daisy intoned.