• six •

UH - I swear I'm not dead or anything. School sucks, life sucks. What's new y'all?
─────────────────────────────

"I THINK (Y/N) WILL WANT TO SEE THIS"

Izuku agreed with Shouto, as both peered down at the envelope, the seal containing traces of glimmering hope and sleepless nights. Shouto's fingertips drummer against the marble. Each tap sent a hopeful spark to his heart. There was nothing in the world he wanted to see more than (y/n)'s happiness, and he knew Izuku shared the endearing sentiment.

"(y/n) ! That letter you've been waiting for arrived!" Izuku called out. It took around a millisecond before the ruckus began. The slam of a door, followed by heavy footsteps. Her excitement was expected. What wasn't expected , however. . .

"WHAT?! WHERE?!" Izuku had the decency to look away, even if the scenario had already been overdone in all his years of sharing a roof with her. With a hand tightly holding the rim of the towel, damp (h/c) locks left a trail of droplets, a remnant of her bath. Shouto simply sighed, he was used to this type of occurrence.

Despite that, his gaze couldn't help but linger, his oddly colored hues trailed the shape of her collarbone, to her delicately traced jawline. Soft and subtle, it appeared more fragile than a withering rose. Then, he reminded himself he was a decent human being, and looked away, following Izuku's actions.

Oblivious to the burning cheeks and bewitched stares ( as usual ) , (y/n) didn't take a more than a heartbeat to leap towards the envelope. Her fingertips fiddled with the seal, hoping to unravel a response as worthy of her countless nights of effort, and burned out sketchbooks.

( - 🍒 - )

Please , please tell me I at least got something. Having the opportunity to just participate was more than enough for me, really. But a girl could hope. A girl could dream. And a girl could fall. I was drenched, had bath foam sticking to my back, and was almost half naked. If that isn't desperate, I don't know what is. But I had to know. My letter was already late for some reason. I wasn't going to let my envy for Izu keep growing.

Seeing him work alongside such a successful designer always made me wonder what it felt like. I turned green with envy whenever he came home back late because he was working, or he left at dawn because he had an event to attend. Despite him not doing this for so long, he had already gotten his results , and prospered, and I was just at the starting line with mine.

A starting line that wasn't even assured. It was as fickle as a written line in the dessert sand, it could be easily blown away by failure, alongside my hopes and ambitions. Even if the envy I felt was enough to make emeralds jealous, he deserved all good things in the world. I was certain of that.

I fumbled to break the seal, unaware of what the future held in store for me. Paper found my skin, and the borders tinted a subtle blue from where I held it thanks to my damp hands. I didn't pay attention to the carefully engraved borders, or the formalities written at the start. That didn't phase me, as I speed read through the black writing.

Miss (l/n).. writing writing .. stuff I don't care about..

My gaze froze as I reached the middle of the letter, which highlighted something I didn't think would be recognized. We are terribly sorry about your late results, hence we had a bit of trouble on our end with contacting the other end, but we are very proud to congratulate you, (y/n) (l/n), in earning one of our most exclusive internships.