• two •

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN-"

"We ran out of milk?!" I whined. Izuku shrugged in response, rummaging through the fridge. "Sorry, (y/n) . It was your turn to do the groceries though." He squinted at me, lips forming a pout.

The morning was like any other. Izuku leaned against the counter, droplets falling from his forest locks onto the towel around his shoulders. "And could you n-not stare?" He pointed out. I glanced back up at him, peeling my gaze away from his toned chest. It sure did pay waking up at five am to work out every morning.

"Whoops" I giggled, skipping towards the fridge, still disappointed at the lack of milk. "I can appreciate a good looking friend." Even when facing away from him, I could practically feel the blush creeping up his freckled cheeks. He always was one to get easily flustered.

I ended up pulling out microwaveable pancakes, shutting the freezer door. "Well, I guess these will do for now. I promise to go get groceries later today." I sighed out, turning towards him. Izuku crossed his arms, leaning forwards to poke me straight in the nose. "You need to learn how to be more responsible, (y/n)"

I blinked, shifting my gaze to the chore schedule that was pinned on the wall. "I'm responsible! I just... uh.."

"Was busy sketching?" A third voice joined us,
and I turned to see Shouto. It was obvious he had woken up not long ago, due to the way his hair was disheveled and he hadn't even put on his glasses. He groaned, quite roughly placing down my phone on the counter. "This thing won't stop dinging, (y/n). Please make it stop before I throw it out the window" he snapped, pointing at the glowing screen.

"Good morning to you too, j–" I silenced myself , remembering why he was even in a bad mood in the first place. I moved away from the counter, stepping in front of him. ".. never mind that. I should apologize." I began, his stone cold expression slightly shifted. Even if it was barely noticeable, it meant he was at least listening.

I smiled weakly, wrapping my arms around his waist as I pressed my cheek to his chest. "I'm sorry, Shou. I shouldn't have brought up a sensitive topic like I did. It was a jackass move of mine." I stated, looking up to meet gaze with him. His cheeks dusted a soft pink, a warm sigh escaping his lips.

"Forgiven. It's fine, (y/n)" he murmured. I tilted my head upwards, only to meet with a gentle smile, even if it was momentary. I smiled too. "Thank gosh. I was afraid you'd have a stick up your ass the rest of the day" I laughed , his smile was quickly replaced by a huff. "I should have expected that , coming from you" he groaned.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!" I cried out , raising my index finger to flick his nose. "You know what it me–"

ding!
ding!
ding!

"Jeez, what the hell.." I mumbled. Shouto crossed his arms, pointing at the phone. "I told you that thing keeps dinging. It kept me up all morning" he deadpanned after releasing a yawn. Izuku's brow furrowed as he worked behind the counter. The aroma of bacon reached my nostrils, making me assume he was cooking eggs and bacon.

"How did you even hear her phone from that far away? Is it seriously that loud?" He questioned , turning back to what he was doing. The conversation in between my two friends turned into white noise as I picked up my phone to check the cause of the fuss.