Chapter 1: Prepare to Depart

Hello you guys! I don't know if y'all have been waiting and anticipating, but here goes the first chapter to hold you guys overs. I plan to do a rush where I release multiple chapters but we will see.

-----------------------------------------------

[Marcus' POV]

                It had been such a great summer and move in day was getting close. Me and Dante had really been spending a lot of time together this summer when we didn’t have to work. I had got a part-time job at the mall and Dante did part-time at a McDonald’s. Kelsey and Sean would tag along sometimes when we’d hang out, but not as much since Kelsey had a relationship of her own to tend to. Yes, Kelsey was still talking to that college guy whose name was Jacob and since she was going to University of Michigan, they didn’t have to deal with the long distance dilemma that could have ended their relationship. Sean was still his flirtatious self and didn’t have a girlfriend or anything.

                 Unfortunately, Dante and I had a problem to face. Dante wouldn’t be at the same college as me this semester, but he plans to transfer for spring semester. It would be manageable if I wasn’t going to be over 800 miles away from him, since I was going to Bethune-Cookman University, a HBCU in Daytona Beach, Florida. I had got a nice band scholarship and Dante could’ve too if he would’ve auditioned before the deadline, but things kinda fell behind and it resulted in Dante not having enough financial aid for a full year. Although I am not too keen of long distance relationships, I’m not going to give up on our relationship. It won’t be easy, but I’m going to try nonetheless.

 “Babe.” Dante said, pulling me from my thoughts. He was lying beside me on my bed in just some basketball shorts and socks.

 “Yeah?” I asked, turning my head towards him.

“You ready for Florida? You’ll be there soon.” He asked, smiling a little. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

 “Kind of…but I’m not ready to leave you.” I replied. Dante climbed on top of me and gave me a reassuring smile.

 “Babe it’ll be OK. I know this is going to be hard and I’ll miss you like crazy, but we just have to stay positive about the situation. We can FaceTime every night, I can fly down and visit you. Before you know it, it’ll be time for 2nd semester and I’ll be down there right by your side.” Dante said softly, caressing my cheek. He really was trying to make the situation easier and I loved him for it.

 “You’re right bae. I’m just going to really miss you. I won’t be used to all the distance.” I said staring up into his eyes. Dante blinked a few times, I guess trying not to let any tears form, which surprised me. Dante was never one to really let anyone see him cry as you know, and only once did I ever see him truly cry in front of me.

 “We’ll get through this.” Dante finally said, leaning in and resting his forehead against mines. I held his waist and just stared into his light brown eyes.

 “I love you.” I purred softly.

 “I love you too.” He replied smiling. I kissed his soft lips and he kissed me back. He still had the same effect he had on me the first time we kissed those months ago in New York. His tongue slid in my mouth and we deepened the kiss, starting to allow the sweet temptation take over us. Dante then suddenly pulled back and looked down at me with so many emotions in his eyes. I could see happy and sad, love and lust, and a little bit of disappointment. It made me want to tear up because I finally realized how strong Dante was trying to be with the college situation. He was just as scared as I was and was just as sad to be apart. But last thing we need is for both of us to be a complete wreck.